All reviews budget hotel trundle bed ferry terminal one night rooms are small warm bread ideal location no frills free wifi polite staff recommend this hotel bigger room nice hotel yogurt town centre comfortable room family room
Reviewed 12 July 2018

A really nice hotel for the general population. The breakfast buffet is great, although the price for a lunch was disappointinly high. Any grocery store nearby can get you both cheaper and tastier lunches than that. Other than that I also reacted to the absolute lack of gluten free breakfast alternatives. I'm not very intolerant, so I could eat the (really tasty) chocolate ball cereal they offered, which contained traces of gluten. For the really intolerant people out there, they had eggs and oranges. Yay! Glad I could eat more than that! For the people without this concern, they have a vide variety of bread. Yeah, I know, not compared to the norm in the rest of the world, but hey, welcome to Norway!

The rooms were nice, although some of them are small. I slept in a four-people bedroom with good space, but some others from the group had a four-people bedroom with almost no space - according to themselves. I never actually saw their room, but they said it was far smaller than ours. Another thing about the rooms, they could be slightly tricky to find. Some better signs would be nice ...?

I absolutely loved the quotes they had hung up everywhere. It made the walk between my room and the elevator much more interesting. Good work, Yess! Also really nice and service-minded staff. Every day at breakfast they came several times with a basket of chocolate for all the guests. When we arrived, we were also offered from the basket. There was trouble with the booking, because we had been booked one day shorter than we should have been, but really, nothing seemed to be much trouble for the staff we met at arrival. No problem too great, two seconds later - almost literally - no one hardly remembered it anymore. It was fixed.

In addition I loved how close it was to pretty much every public transport. Both local busses, long distance busses, and trains stop practically outside their doorstep. I thought finding it would be hard, even with Google Maps. I'm very good at Google Maps because I'm very good at getting lost. This hotel, no problem at all. I just looked at the map before I left, and found it at first try.

I'd stay here again, at least if they fixed the breakfast menu a little. Seriously, eggs and the same cereal every day can be a bit boring in the long run. If it wasn't for the breakfast, I'd give the hotel four stars.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Ingunn W
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The hotel was squeaky clean and perfectly located. The rooms are small but quite comfortable, and the bathroom was a model of efficient planning. The hotel only has an on-site staff person between 3:00 pm and 10:00 pm and relies to a great extent on the Internet. That said, the hotel was easy to access when I arrived after 11:00 pm and room and room codes were all in order as advertised.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Zisco1600
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

It is quite expensive for this kind of hotel. You have to pay 140 nok to park your car, otherwise your car stays in the street. We asked the hotel to book a place for us, which they hadn’t done. Rooms are rather small but clean enough. Same for the bathroom. Breakfast included but the choice is poor if you want to eat sweet. We liked the warm welcome. We advise you to stay here only when you’re on the road.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank camouuuu
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Clean, comfortable beds. Welcoming check in. Basic rooms and facilities. Cheese, ham, cereal and bread style breakfast. No issues but could do with some local food with breakfast maybe. One night is fine

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tonytanglefoot
Reviewed 5 February 2018

In my opinion it is important to review a hotel based not just on the overall quality of the hotel, but based upon how well it does what it was designed to do. This is a budget hotel. If I were to compare it to a Ritz Carlton, I would have to give it one star...but it is not trying to be a Ritz Carlton. It is trying to deliver a clean, comfortable room for a very reasonable price. It does a very good job at that. It has a modern, if not a little funky atmosphere. Our room was clean...although the wall paper was torn in a couple of places. The bathroom was tiny...but the room was comfortable and clean. Service was extremely friendly.

Date of stay: February 2018