“A great Asian fusion restaurant & bar ! (trendy & pricey, of course)”

Sudoest Asian Crossover
Ranked #210 of 1,634 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 73
Cuisines: Asian, Norwegian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to SudOest Asian Crossover Sudoest Asian Crossover welcomes you to a evening of delight. Our dedicated waiters and chefs ensures a travel in European and Asian culinary culture crossed with each other. All the way through our Signature cocktails to the Asian crossover dishes we will ensure a pleasant evening. Our guests who like staying up late are welcome to Sudoest Cocktails & Street food, our club concept. Welcome!
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Sudøst Aqian Crossover is a superb Asian fusion restaurant perfectly located by the Akerselva river, in Grünerløkka neighbourhood.
The venue is wonderful : spacious, sober, Asian warmth, perfect layout with luminous glass window over a huge terrace where it is also so lovely to enjoy your F&B during the suuny days.
The menu ? Not too long, but just perfect. The food is fresh, the dishes are originals and all of them have a signature twist. Not entirely Asian, not Western at all, not Asian-made-for-Western-taste neither... well, every meal is just an invitation to a great culinary journey. The portions are perfect (not too big, but just enough for a regular stomach), and you can opt for a A la Carte lunch/dinner or a menu set which will offer you a myriad of great flavours.

The beverage side now... Not cheap, but super nice. Go for a signature cocktail and you won't be disappointed for sure. You can also ask for any drink you want with any twist you want ; the bartenders will create some wonders in your glass.

The desserts ? Hum... I can't choose which one I prefer, so I must fight all the time against myself not to order all of them at the same time !

Well, last words now : big up to the staff which is very professionnal and prompt.
What about the prices ? Not cheap, but hey, you're in Oslo, so do't dream too much.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

This was my third time I have visited Sudøst and have to say it will be my last.

We where a group of 7 eating together, we ordered different things on the menu.
The food was ok has been better although I had to return my beef maki roll as the beef pieces where very tough and I asked for A different type of Mali in dyed which was no problem.
I had they're special beef pepper steak which was missing all its pepper taste but was tender and nice.

But our main problem with the dinner was our waiter, we are a group of people who have and are working in the food industry and like to go out to eat and seeing a waiter hold a wine glass around the rim and place it in front of the guest is not nice to see and how he served the plates almost with his fingers in the sauce made all of us start talking about it and should not happen in this kind of restaurant.

So when leaving the restaurant I felt this was the last time I would eat there.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

I had the vegan menu and it was delicious! The menu consisted of sushi, pad thai and three scoops of sorbet (all vegan ofc). The vegan sushi was a little disappointing to be honest as it was very bland. However, the vegan pad thai was amazing. Only downside was that there was quite a small amount of tofu in it. The sorbets were also incredible and probably the best sorbets I have ever had. I will be coming back very soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Great spot in lower part of Grunerløkka.
Reasonable priced. Great tasting food. My favourite dish would be the Crazy Duck. One of their signature dishes.

Tends to be crowded in the weekends.
Service/waitor was a bit slow when we were there, but the food came fast.

TIP: try to avoid being seated downstairs as a lot of the tables are not so tall and gives you a cramped feeling.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

The tasting menu is really good: the Thai chef puts up the best of fusion food, using fresh products (lobster, salmon sashimi) and adding savoury sauces (a tad spicy at times). The size of the portions is good (not appetiser size, not too big either). You need to pace yourself to go through the 5 course meal but its really worth the money! (480 NOK) Beware of groups: the restaurant is quite big and gets group reservations at times (including tourist groups so be sure to ask a table a bit away from the activity/noise).