“Tiny portions, Overpriced and Average food.”
Review of New Anarkali

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Grünerløkka - Sofienberg
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I went to this restaurant after being recommended by a friend. The setting looked very nice and had a good Indian vibe. I ordered a lamb biryani and naan bread. The waiter got me some papadam and some sauces to get me started. The sauce was delicious. But before I could finish my papadam she took it away without even asking me. Never mind. Buriyani arrived, and it tasted average. There wasn’t anything special. Plain yellow rice was mixed with some vegetables, and they threw in some pieces of meat. It’s not actual biriyani. Not to mention the rice was drenched in a sauce. The potion was small. The naan bread was very small for its price. Overall experience was average, and the food is a little below average. The service is OK and nothing special.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

It really is no wonder why I keep coming back here. The food is authentic, and with a spice level anyone who has been to India can relate to.
Welcoming and with a good atmosphere as well as great food makes this place a sure winner every time

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The staff at New Anarkali always bring the goods. Polite, friendly and service minded, they make you feel right at home, serving up absolutely decent middle-range priced Indian food ticking all the right taste bud boxes. Never got a disappointing meal. We actually celebrated our first wedding day here!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

The food was quite good and chutney, pickles, nan and rice were delicious. However, the portions were small! Therefore it wasn't reasonably priced I think. I wasn't really hungry before eating, but not really full after eating. Also the chicken was cut in quite small pieces(?). The service was pleasent, even though we got chicken instead of lamb that was ordered. Food - approved, portions - not!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

We had dinner here and have been very impressed with the food. I have the samosa starter and the fish as a main course with rice and naan bread. All the food was good to great. We were even brought poppadoms and chutney to eat before the starters, with out asking, which I thought was a nice touch. Portions are about right. And the level of space can be adjusted to your taste. And this they seemed very good at! Prices are not bad for Oslo too, so if you want some nice Indian food, give this place a try. I think you will find its worth seeking out.