“Fantastic experience!”

Ranked #1 of 1,549 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: One of the finest gourmet restaurants in Oslo, located in a 17th-century building in the old city centre. The ceiling has some of the finest stucco work in Northern Europe. The chef, Bent Stiansen, won the prestigious chef championship Bocuse d'Or in 1993. Order from the à la carte menu or try the six-course menu of the day. The menu is composed of the best ingredients available at the time Stiansen uses high-quality Norwegian ingredients, coloured by European tradition. Chambre separée for 8-24 persons. In the basement you find the more informal Statholderens Krostue, which is open for both lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We we two couples having the grand tasting meny, paired with the choice of wines. Everything was perfect. Even the waiters.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We were here 1month ago.I can say that it was nice but not fantastic. The interior of the restaurant is impressive. It is nice to be in. But the food and service are average. I would not say that it was worth the money

Reviewed 20 October 2017

My last night in Oslo concluded with an unforgettable dinner at Statholdergaarden. The room is impeccable, with deep plaster molding on the ceiling which is painted a lovely Wedgewood green. The table setting (linens, plates, cutlery, glassware, etc.) are so well thought-out and truly contribute to the overall dining experience.

And it is an experience. I had the daily menu, with the dishes ranging from seafood to duck to fish to lamb. Each dish was innovative and prepared to perfection.

Chef Bent Stiansen greeted each guest and we had a wonderful conversation. He definitely sets the tone for the restaurant: everyone who waited on me was so personable and made me feel very welcomed and at ease.

Book early - reservations are hard to get. Do not miss the opportunity to dine here.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Statholdergaarden restaurant is one of the best places for an unforgettable dining experience in the city of Oslo. The whole "package" is first-class from beginning to end, and with top service. The food is of the highest quality with exciting ingredients and rare tastes, and served with perfect wine.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

My husband and I had a wonderful evening a Statholdergaarden with the most delicious dishes, wine and sevice! I had been there several two times several years earlier and had my hopes up for another great evening. And so it was from the beginning to the end. The waiters made us feel almost at home and the owner and head chef Bent Stiansen even took time to chat little with us and the other guests at the end of the meal. I almost prefer Statholdergaarden to Maaemo, the 3 star Michelin restaurant in Oslo, due to the relaxed atmosphere. The food is great in both places. We will surely go back!

1  Thank BenedicteOslo