“Bad service and disappointing food”

Venner Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #936 of 1,592 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gamle Oslo
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I normally try to write reviews that are balanced, and I'll try to do my best in this case too. Venner is a place that I enjoy going to. The food is okay, same with the service.
However, today was a huge disappointment. The "biffsnadder" tasted awful. The fries were okay, but other than that, the meal was overpriced and dissatisfying. When I tried to express this in a polite manner to the waitress, she just asked my to be more specific. When I did get into specifics, she shrugged (sort of) and said "I'll tell the chef". I said "okay......" She replied "okay" and went about here business not even looking at me. The waitresses never came by our table to ask how the food was. I was really surprised to experience this at this establishment.
It's hard to write a review like this without sounding like a stuck up over demanding costumer. However, I do hope to receive better food, and service if I ever return. I doubt it!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I order mixed grill with beef, pork and chicken. I got tasteless chicken, dry pork and rubber beef. It was tasteless, the onion was burnt, in fact: the only thing OK was the baked potato. I will never eat there again, the area has a lot of nice places with excellent food!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

High prices and a drunk waiter who was trying to bully you when it was commented that he was drunk when he tripped on the doorstep Not recommended!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Didn't find them on Trip Advisor but Google Maps took us the block and a half from the Radison Plaza. We found the food quite good and the service friendly and not overbearing. The owner helped with some translation limitations on our part and we were in good stead. My only question is how a restaurant that close to the largest hotel in Oslo could be so good of tourist. My guess is that they haven't found it because it is on the opposite side of the normal tourist traffic. Great outdoor seating on a pedestrian way. What more could you ask for an evening meal.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I've onøly ever been here for a few beers and never tried the food. So I can't give a full review on this place. But it was ok to hangout here when it was raining.