Smarthotel Oslo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,063 results
All reviewsrooms are smalltiniest roomshort stayroyal palaceroof terracebudget hotelnational gallerycomfortable bedyour luggagecentral locationhotel roomplace to sleepno frillsexpensive citywi fiexcellent locationtrain station
Reviewed 16 January 2016

This was the group hotel for a medium sized convention (200) held about four blocks away. My single room was tiny, with no shelf space to put anything and a fold down desk. My suitcase had to go on the floor. The bathroom was tiny but it did have a shower, tiny sink, and a toilet. The included wifi worked very well. The included breakfast was excellent. The hotel sells snacks and rinks in the lobby. The hotel let us have a meeting room for fellowship. The hotel is about four blocks from the city center. Our room rate was NOK 625 ($70) including breakfast. It was adequate for the price paid but a bit more space would have been nicer.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank trinity-tiger
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Good hotel with very small rooms, but clean and comfortable bad. It has free tea and coffee and nice choice of breakfast buffet. Gym is also very comfortable. If you don't need a space in the room and interested in sleep, this hotel is for you. If you want to invite somebody to your room - defenetely not for you

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Olena S
Reviewed 17 December 2015

This is my second time staying at this fantastic hotel. But before I being to rave, let me issue the following warning/information:

If you are driving, parking is very expensive (320NOK/day) and several blocks away. I had to park this time for the first time, and it was terrifying that I wouldn't be able to find the hotel and that I wouldn't be able to find the parking the next morning. So, here is what to do (I wish the hotel would give these directions to make it easier for first timers):

Continue down St Olav's Gate past the hotel on your right. The road will curve around to the right. Just continue down it until it looks like you are going to enter a tunnel. Immediately before the tunnel, on your right, you'll see a big blue "P" for parking. It is a parking garage. Grab a ticket and pull in. I don't know if you are able to go in and out during the day, but I believe that it is 320kr regardless of how long you stay. I have only used it for overnight. Maybe if you call the hotel, they can give more information or tell you who to call. They are very responsive via email as well.

So, now that that sticky business is concluded, here is the good:

This hotel is a little gem, particularly if you do not have a car. It is centrally located, near the train, easy access to Gardermoen, clean, and I found it quiet (I'm really confused by other reviewers who thought it was noisy).

I have only stayed in the single room and in the deluxe room. The deluxe room costs about $20 more and is more than twice the size. But I am booking the single room for me again because I only plan to sleep. It is TINY, but incredibly well planned. The bed is a little nook with a TV in the corner and a pillow to watch TV in bed. Small shower and bathroom, but everything is clean and tidy. Very modern and has the sleek Norwegian lines that make even the smallest rooms seem large.

The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and efficient. I had to change my reservation and it was done immediately and in a very friendly manner.

I highly recommend this hotel for travelers, especially if you do not have a car.

I have rebooked even with a car. I figure the approx. $50 for parking is offset by the low hotel price and the fact that the parking is secured with TV cameras so I don't have to be concerned with theft.

What this hotel would be PERFECT for though is for a traveler who wants to check out Oslo but still wants to have easy access to Gardermoen. It is ideal in every way.

Enjoy!

PS: Free, fast wifi, but you pay for breakfast. Snacks available in the lobby, or grocery store around the corner.

Room Tip: Research parking if you are driving. Expect to pay 320NOK extra for parking (I don't believe it includes in and out, but verify to be sure)
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 16 December 2015

The main advantage of this hotel is a room price. Oslo is expensive city, so if you want to find a reasonable price you have to sacrifice something. Typically, the price is as twice as low in comparison to the “regular” hotels (there are some other economy hotels as well). This hotel cuts off all less frequently used stuff, asks you to do yourself what you can reasonably do and provides you with very small rooms. No other compromises are taken.

The hotel and rooms are clean. However, they are small, really small, I cannot imagine a smaller. Do you remember “5-th Element” Bruce’s leaving capsule – it is bigger. There is no wardrobe; you have to keep all you stuff in the suitcase. There’re a narrow passage between a wall and a bed, if you open your suitcase you cannot pass to the door. Everything is very minimalistic. There’re 2 clothes-hander, but there’s no peg, you have to hang them to the finny decorated wall that has small holes. Any big garbage (like a plastic bottle) should be thrown to the trash bins near the elevator. In the room, there’s only a small bin in the toilet. The toilet itself is a masterpiece of compacting. But the only disadvantage is a washing-bowl, it is exclusively small. The ironing room is on the floor but you have to go to the reception if you need an iron (and then you have to return it back). Note that there’s no phone in the room, whatever you need to should go to the reception in person.

I like the receptionists – they are competent and very helpful. Of cause if they are technically can help you. Once I asked if I could have a cloth-brush, there is not such instrument in the hotel. In “regular” hotels you can find it in every room but it comes with double price for the room .

The breakfast is typical, there are plenty of choices and it is refilled regularly. You should use trays and asked to put it into the tray trolley as you finished (or they do it for you, not a problem).

The hotel location is excellent is 5 minute walk to the main street, the metro and train station, and it is the very city center. The room on one side look to the street, on other side of the hotel – there’re 2 choices – either it is a concrete wall in opposite of you widow or it is a spectacular view to the city-hall if you are lucky enough to get a room at 6 floor or above. There’s also a terrace on the roof with a good overview of the city. Especially good in the evenings.

So, if you like comfort, this hotel is not for you. If you use it just to pass a night and ready to sacrifice your comfort to the room price, it is the right place to go, especially because of its location.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Sergey L
Reviewed 16 December 2015

No? Well they're small, very small. But I have to say after "upgrading" to a "deluxe" room for a tenner, we were perfectly satisfied with everything that this modern hotel had to offer. It's conveniently located, clean, modern, has wifi and to be honest I'd have been perfectly happy in our original room. Yes, it's bijou, but perfectly liveable for a few days. It's the wife you see? She likes a touch of luxury and if spending an extra ten big ones satisfies her then I'm a very lucky man.

Room Tip: Breakfast is good value
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends