“Stay away”

Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo
Ranked #54 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed at the hotell one night for a conferece and had the following experience:
The room was ok, but the welcomeadvert on the TV started every time I entered the room, anoying to have to turn it of every time.
Nect morning there was no cold water. Managed to brush my teeth in hot water, but the shower was scolding and not posible to use. (some of my coleagues had the same problem) When I told the reception, the answer was "yes we know about this problem" no sugestion to have a shower in another room.
The diner, which was the same meal for the 50 of us was disapointing. for starter some spoonfulls of letuce covered with some slices with smoked ham and some drops of balsamico. Main course; a piece of salmon on some spoonfulls of potatomash and a spoonfull of pesto, no vegetables at all !!. And for desert some sweet stuff in a small glass. Totaly disapointing !
At breakfast there were suposed to be some hot food, like sausages, mushroms etc. Luke varm is definetly hot. The cold meats were just laying in a heap, not nicely displayed.
Glad i did not pay for this myself

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Cathrine W, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I was very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with us. Unfortunately we did have some problems with the entire plumbing system that affected all of our rooms. This has now been taken care of. I am also very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the dinner and breakfast. I have shared your review with the management team, as your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please call us directly.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed for two nights 18/10/13 - 20/10/13.
Quiet, good quality, clean, easy communications with the rest of Oslo. Subway-station just outside goes straight downtown. Just what we were looking for.
We got a nice business-room on the fourth floor. Very convenient when traveling with children, and with with good space for the extra bed.
The breakfast buffet was just a standard hotel breakfast buffet. Nothing special, but OK.
A clear option for our next Oslo weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vaage
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Lack of capacity means Central Oslo hotels can get booked out , so you may find yourself here . Room was fine , big and ok furnished , bathroom roomy too. Must be a place for conferences , but was very quiet during my stay but bar & restaurant nice enough , along with decent service. There's a gym that's functional . Downside of no tea/coffee stuff in room , or an iron . 10 min journey from Central station on the metro.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights 11/10/13 - 12/10/13 with my two sisters and brother in law for a weekend visit to oslo.The staff were pleasant and helpful and the hotel was very clean and the rooms were spacious, clean and tastefully furnished with no garish African theme decor as described in other TRIP a adviser reviews. Breakfast was good with a large variety of foods from cereal and fruit to cooked breakfast and cold meats cheese and ham etc. T he only slight criticism would be a lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room and the very soft feather pillows. The hotel is out of town but the centre is easily reached by bus no 37 opposite hotel or no 30 from the main road. The metro station is opposite the hotel and a singl e ticket costs 30 krone from the newspaper shop in the mall next door (handy if you have no change for the ticket machines)or you can buy a 24 pass.
We did not have dinner at the hotel but had a take away from Peppi's pizza which is at the end of the block turn left when you come out the hotel. the large PIZZA and bottle of cola was just over 200 krone and would easily have been enough for 5 people. It is true the hotel is around 10- 15 minutes out of the centre of town but you can follow the paths along opposite bank of their river at the back of the hotel for around 30 minutes sign posted sentrum . This hotel offers good value in pleasant surroundings with a couple of sushi bars and coffee shops sandwich bars and small supermarkets nearby.Good for families and people on a budget I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.
NB if you have small children there are lots of play areas and parks along the river next to the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on level 5 and had a river view which was very nice, but views from higher up would be bette...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. I guess because if you're that far out of the city it's probably because you're on a business trip to one of the offices nearby and so don't have any other choice - and for that reason, they just don't seem to care particularly about standards.

The staff were nice and friendly when they were around (often the front desk was empty though) so no qualms there.

Breakfast had obviously been sat there a long time by the time I got down there - I was towards the tail end of service but still, a lot of the hot stuff looked totally inedible. The buffet lunch was similarly uninspiring.

Room was just plain tired. There were stains on the carpet, my safe didn't work - which I reported on the first night, was told it would be fixed, no-one came so reported it the next day, this time someone looked and said it couldn't be fixed and they would move my room if I wanted - but by the time I got the answer it was 9pm and I was checking out the next morning so couldn't see the point. The bathroom door didn't stay closed unless you locked it which isn't exactly a dealbreaker but was just a bit annoying. The biggest problem I had was with the bed, which hugely dipped in the middle and was pretty uncomfortable. Also you only got a single duvet with a double bed, which I didn't quite understand (was it to make you suffer if you'd tried to sneak another person in there if you just paid for one?)

In all, I wouldn't return.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business