2,609 results
All reviews train station breakfast buffet perfect location arriving by train single room nice hotel great breakfast nutshell tour airport express oslo fjord business room main station hotel is located stayed here for one night city centre oslo pass public transportation
Reviewed 20 October 2015

This hotel couldn't be more conveniently situated, being close to the train station and most other center of town attractions. We had a renovated business room which is really a junior suite. Excellent, very spacious by Norwegian standards, super clean and even had a balcony. The room was very comfortable, with a good bed and sound proof glass in the windows. Many amenities in the room, including a safe. Breakfast was pretty good with a wide variety. The staff at the front desk were very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear Jim W,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review after your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m happy to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and that our staff has been friendly. Glad that you have enjoyed our new design, and that our business rooms were of your liking both regarding the design and the in-room amenities. I’m also happy you have enjoyed our central location in Bjørvika in Oslo, and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Oslo and Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion.

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

Visited due to a small conference being organized there. Well equipped conference room, but no coffee serving - have to bring a cup and get coffee from coffee machine which was located inconveniently far away. The lunch buffet in the restaurant was fairly extensive and comprised of good quality food.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Dear MauriceAG,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review after your visit at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m pleased to read that have enjoyed our hotel, and that the meeting facilities was well quipped, even though the coffee was a little too far away from your room. Thank you for your kind words about our lunch, both regarding the selection and the quality. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

This hotel is so nice. It is very close to central station and also to reach other area for shopping. The view of this hotel is straight to opera building. I love the breakfast menu. The condition of the hotel room is make comfort to stay here but again and again I could not find any slipper to protect my foot from the floor that so freezing..

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Dear Freddy N,

Thank you for taking time to write a review after your stay with us at Thon Hotel Opera. I’m pleased to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and that you did get a good start on your day with the content of our breakfast buffet. I’m sorry to read that you found our floors freezing, slippers are only standard in the rooms for our upgraded rooms, such as Business and Superior, but is also available for all our guests from the front desk. I do hope we will have the joy of welcoming you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Good quality hotel but expensive. It is very close to the city and lots of restaurants nearby. However, Don't buy currency from Travel FX as they are rip off merchants. They failed to deliver our currency on time for our holiday and then charged €£100 for their poor service.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Marius L, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear Heather S,

Thank you for taking time to write a review after your stay with us, and for your great ratings. I’m glad you have enjoyed our central location in Bjørvika, and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Oslo and Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Stayed 2 nights this visit, arriving 22 August. Curious to see negative reviews of this place but all I can say is that each of my visits now since 2011 have been terrific.

Since the first visit in 2011 (when allocated room 904, unsolicited) have always asked for and got either 906 (this visit) or 904. Both have wonderful with west-side, panoramic views over the city (as would any of the rooms that side above say, the 4th floor), the Holmenkollen ski jump and (partially) harbour. Both lovely, spacious rooms beautifully appointed, great beds and with terrific ensuites. The only bugbear seems to be mmgt's reluctance to fit room safes (apparently something of a Norwegian philosophy relating to the general security of the place) but they will have to get with global demand on this issue, soon.

The public spaces are wonderful (9th floor has been recently repainted, rooms renovated in more modern style), the breakfast dining area exceptional and with a terrific and comprehensive food offering. The reception area is spacious and elegant and the reception/reservation staff always seem so friendly and obliging.

The views south over the wonderful Opera House and harbour are finally being relieved of the epic rugged roadworks just outside, and of course the hotel is so conveniently placed right alongside the central railway station (covered access). Don't let that put you off: most of the hotel faces away from it and you are completely shielded from railway noise/activity. You are handy to the main junction for buses, metro and trams (Jernbanetorget) and shopping galore. The main quayside activity of the Aker Brygge is somewhat further afield but not exceptionally so.

Oh, and if your purse stretches to it try the 1-bed apartment style room 902 (Madame Butterfly), or indeed any of the similar upper floor front (south) rooms. Utterly stunning views over the Opera House and harbour!!!

Not cheap, but certainly well above average. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul E

Dear Paul E,

Thank you for taking time to write a review after your last stay with us. It’s always great to read reviews from happy, returning guests like yourself. I’m happy to read that you find our location so convenient, and I can also inform you that all of our rooms now are refurbished in our new style. Regarding in-room safes; this is available in all upgraded rooms such as Superior and Business rooms, and additional safe boxes is available at front desk for all of our guests free of charge. I’m also happy to hear that you find out staff to be friendly on every stay. Thank you for your kind words and recommendation, I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Thon Hotel Opera on a later occasion!