“The best in town”

Ranked #3 of 113 Vienna B&B and Inns
Lethbridge, Canada
“The best in town”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Opera Suites I would recommend to anyone who is looking for something different.  Our stay was marred by the fact that I arrived  very sick, within an hour they had a doctor in my room even though it was a Saturday. Our room was very spacious ,facing the front,, with a settee , desk, table and two chairs. We were supplied with coffee, fruit, chocolate daily. But not only were the staff efficient , helpful but for a a sick person considerate and kind, sending  in a card with roses wishing me better health. Tell me where else you would receive this?
The beds were very comfortable with excellent linens, I know I spent a lot of time in the bed. The room was kept cool by a silent air-conditioner, and yet the bathroom was deliciously warm, with in floor heating .
The only problem for us was that we are both in our 70's and the shower was slippery and had no grab bars and was a poor design. But all the other benefits  far outweigh this small detail.
Thankfully I was in such a pleasant place and they we so helpful to my husband when we had to change plans from flying to a long rail journey .

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank foodjunkie101
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This was a great find. Located right in the center of Vienna, on the fanciest of shopping streets, this charming, older hotel is a gem. There is some construction going on out front so one does need to look carefully for the entrance sign. The room I had was very clean, and the bathroom was wonderful - not something one always finds in an older hotel. Access to the hotel via the Underground is good - a couple of blocks walk in either direction. I will stay here the next time I am in Vienna. I'd highly recommend the restaurant Fuhrich which is just around the corner. Real Viennese food without being "touristy." I'd stay away from the cafe Weinwurm on the Stephansplatz.

Room Tip: some of the rooms face a small, inside courtyard - these will be more quiet. I suspect the rooms fac...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank hmdpa
Falmouth, MA
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Opera Suites greatly exceeded my expectations. Based on the excellent location (right across the street from Hotel Sacher) and reasonable price, I expected to have maybe a less than comfortable bed, maybe everything not quite in working order. But it was perfectly clean, modern and my room (115) was amazingly quiet, the window opening onto a courtyard instead of onto the Kartner Strasse. The staff was super helpful, letting me just pick up my key and dash out to a meeting when I arrived (instead of immediately filling out the info card), kept my bag after I had checked out, and also let me hang out in their lobby using their wifi for a few hours before my train departed. They even brought me some cakes! Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms opening onto the courtyard are quieter than those facing the street
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rich S
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We were a bit apprehensive with the entrance and the elevator, but the room was lovely, with a very comfy bed, modern bathroom, gracious staff and in room breakfast. Their location in the city center was perfect with museums, shops, trams, and underground and more only a short walk away. Would definitely stay there again, Thank you to the staff for a lovely visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had the most delightful room 112 facing Kartner Strasse. We could stand in the bow window and see the Statsopera and down the street towards Stephansplatz. The hostesses were so helpful, they stored a bag for us while we left Wien for Salzburg and had it waiting in our room when we got back. This location was amazingly close to everything we wanted to do the last 4 days in Wien. We got treats every night in our room, from wine, chocolates, to special piggies and chocolate money for good luck on Silverster Eve. They contacted a taxi for our early morning ride to the airport, and he was prompt. They tried to help print a boarding pass (unavailable from here) and were incredibly helpful. Breakfast was so tasty, the bed and bathroom (heated towel bar) very good. They had umbrellas for use (no snow but rain during this time) free. The elevator will only hold one person and two suitcases, but this is what to expect in a B&B setting. I will recommend this to anyone who asks!

Room Tip: Our front and center room gave us great access to anything on the street, but if you prefer quiet, d...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple