“Not 4 star rating”

Ranked #100 of 203 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
London, United Kingdom
“Not 4 star rating”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

After 6 steps from the not very imposing entrance to the hotel,the lift will take you to the reception on the 6th floor. This is also the floor where a superb continental breakfast buffet is offered. The family group of 7 adults who stayed over a weekend, at the end of September were impressed by all aspects of the hotel from the efficient and friendly check in, right up to the time we left. Their main comment was that it was warm in the spacious rooms. They were not able to open the windows as their rooms overlooked a busy street. As my room was at the back of the hotel I did not have such a problem. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large and well appointed. However, the only form of cooling was a large floor standing electric fan, insufficient in the summer I am sure. Also commented on by the my group, there were no facilities for making a cup of tea/coffee or providing ice. In England this hotel would struggle to make a 3 star rating. It fell short of what one would expect of a 4 star one. A fluffy bath robe is available on request from reception

Room Tip: The rooms in the front of the hotel overlook a busy street. No air conditioning (only a fan) means i...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank swannee984
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 August 2011

It was a bit difficult finding the hotel as it was not located on the main road. Went through quite a few roads before being directed to it. Thanks to some good english speaking samaritans. The check in located on top floor was excellent. Quick and easy. The lady at the counter gave me a brief explanation on the facilities. The room decor was not much but its practical. The wifi was great! Breakfast served on the top floor. It was great having breakfast and sitting on the roof top overlooking the city. That was the best moments in the hotel.

the road where this hotel is located is quite quiet in the evening. So just be careful when you enter and exit.

Room Tip: book online
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I was staying at Bella Vienna City Hotel for 2 nights for a trip and it was my second stay after 2009. The room is spacious, comfort for three as I shared the room with two other friends. But the reception available until 11pm. The lift's terribly unfriendly, as I need to push the door when reached the floor, otherwise the lift will take you back to the next floor and then next and then next...
The best thing, the hotel is located close to city centre especially close to the Old Vienna area where old buildings and museums stand for years to pamper my eyes. Then, the free wi-fi, after several days had to pay the internet connection in hotel, I found the free wi-fi which should be refreshed and re-connected every an hour.

There is a bathtub on the room we had with a large TV and English channels. Friendly reminder, please always take your room key as the reception will close at 11 pm otherwise, you will stay outside all night long. Better to use the stair to reach your room (after all the above matter with the lift). I was away all day long so not notice deeply for the room service, but the cleanliness' okay.

The restaurant is on 6th floor, nice breakfast session in side and out side with sun warm me up (but not recommended during winter period, unless you do smoke). Ask the reception if you need some helps, as they have a friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I just returned from staying at Bella Vienna for three nights this past week. I will admit that I was taken aback by the entryway, areas between floors and the elevator of the building (not at all boutique-y or 4-star) but I knew the hotel was going to be located on a few floors of a shared building. I also noticed that there was some renovating going on in the building on my floor (floor 5), although I did not hear/see any machines or workers while I was staying there.

The room: Spacious! For all the Americans (and Brits) who complain about compact hotel rooms in Europe - you will not be disappointed. The room was very large, especially considering I requested, and paid for, a single. The bed was very comfortable & I loved the pillows. The bathroom was equally large. The toiletries were only so-so, the towels were not that great and there wasn't a bathtub. The sink, toilet and shower fixtures were very modern, whereas the room furniture was ugly, ugly, ugly!

For those worried about any "stealing" happening here - you can put your things in the safe AND lock the closet doors. The mini-bar, if you use it, has good selection, although the hotel does have a bar upstairs that is open until 11. (If you want to save money, there is a grocery store right down the street, about 2 minutes away).

The staff were all very lovely, friendly and helpful. I made a booking for two nights at once, and then another night two nights later (because I was taking a night off to see Salzburg). When I arrived, they had me down for Wed-Saturday morning, instead of Wed-Friday morning and then again Sat-Sun morning. It was rectified quickly and without any hassle. I did, however, bring confirmation of my booking as "proof" that they did, in fact, have me down on the wrong evening.

The rooms come with free breakfast - although I didn't try it. The rooms also have free Wi-Fi (didn't try) or you can use the computer in the hotel lobby on the 6th floor from 7-11 (when the lobby's open).

The views from my room (504) was really nice and it was really quiet. The hotel is located in a great location - near Mariahilferstrasse - which is near shops, tourist areas, restaurants, coffeeshops and transport (U3 line and a few bus lines). Very convenient to get to via the CAT from airport or either Westbahnhof or Südbahnhof (Ostbahn) stations.

A reminder - be aware that this lobby is closed at 11. Apparently people have had problems checking in when they are arriving late, but I think that one can't miss this important information if they read the websites when they are booking their reservations. Also, while they do have an elevator, there are 6 or so stairs between the main entrance and that elevator - so it's not entirely handicapped accessible.

My point in coming to Vienna was to re-visit the city where I used to live. I wasn't looking for over the top indulgence - just somewhere that felt comfortable, was conveniently located and reminded me of an apartment. For this purpose, Bella Vienna was perfect.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Stayed at this hotel with friends. Overall a good hotel. Breakfast buffet. Just the same every day. Room for the four stars are not good enough.
Of the minuses. No matter what room you stay, you will pursue other sounds. Do not leave anything in the room. Even cosmetics. My powder was stolen, with the girl at the reception desk assured me that it's likely I lost it somewhere in the room. But I like in my mind, and the room is not so great.

• Stayed January 2011