“Marriott quality”

Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn
Ranked #76 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Standard Marriott, stayed 2 nights. Not in the center, but near a subway station, around 200 mtr. The room is spacious, my daughter (6 yo) got a sofa bed without any charges. Breakfast is good, more choices on the buffet will be great! No free wifi in the room is the minus point (€8 per 24 hours), but most of Marriott properties need to pay for wifi. A bit disappointed that I did not get any rewards points since I booked through hotel search engine, since the pricing offered in their website is more expensive.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vn_nl

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel on 28 & 29th of May. The receptionists were friendly and helpful. Like has been mentioned, the WiFi is not free except in the lobby. The downside for us was on the 28th night. We were at the restaurant. I had planned to charge the bill to our room, however, I found I had 35 Euros loose change. It was perfect for the tip and our bill. I gave the money for the bill to the waiter named Cisse and unfortunately forgot to take the filled out room charge with me. You won't believe that the guy still charged me another 35 Euros to my room. When I saw that on check-out, I immediately protested and asked them to call Cisse. I was told he was not picking his phone and was assured the matter will be straightened out. It was not. When I got to France, I called again and was told Cisse was on 2 weeks vacation and there was nothing they could do. This incident unfortunately was the only bad experience we had on our trip leaving from Canada, from the 21st thru to the 31st of May and staying all the way in various hotels in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Gunzburg, Salzburg, Vienna, Venice and Valbonne. My advice, don't pay cash at this hotel. Do not trust their management to handle your issue even if they say they will.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Though far away from Stephenplatz which is the actual CBD, the Courtyard Marriot Schonbrunn is just a few hundred meters away from the Royal Palace. Tickets to the concerts, Hop on Hop off rides around the city etc were all organised by their efficient staff. Excellent rooms / Clean Sheets / Good secure lockers (with credit card swipe facility) hwlped me walk around without the totebag full of currency, passports etc. The lobby has free WIFI and the same is charged in the rooms. Most importantly, it is most economical and our son as well could share the room which was large for an additional fee.

Room Tip: 6th floor. Larger rooms. Room 610 is very good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

It was suggested to me in booking a hotel in Vienna that perhaps a hotel closer to the city center of Vienna would be preferable for our needs. As seasoned travelers we chose this hotel based in part on tripadvisor reviews. The ubonn is literally a half block from the hotel and we had no trouble at all traveling to anywhere we needed to go by this wonderful subway. The hotel was clean, the rooms lovely and the service great. Schonbrunn Palace is a block away and is worth a visit. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a great hotel and is not afraid to use public transportation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 21 June 2013

stayed in this hotel for 2 days... 28 dec 2012 and 29th Sumit Jain booking....First of all its a good hotel if u want ambience, quality of stay but i would say they should concentrate on breakfast segment....now as far as location concerned very far from city center like stephenplatz...but good hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Vienna hotels
Renaissance Wien Hotel
Margareten
Holiday Inn Vienna City
Holiday Inn Vienna City
#55 of 359 in Vienna

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn

Address: Schoenbrunner Schlossstrasse 38-40, Vienna 1120, Austria (Formerly Couryard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn)
Region: Austria > Vienna Region > Vienna
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
#33 Best Value Hotel in Vienna
#56 Luxury Hotel in Vienna
#81 Business Hotel in Vienna
#92 Romantic Hotel in Vienna
Price Range: ₹ 4,472 - ₹ 10,240 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn 4*
Welcome to Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schönbrunn situated next to Vienna's most famous attraction, the Schönbrunn Palace. Our hotel in Vienna, Austria has an unbeatable location and offers first-class accommodation. Ideal for business or leisure, our 118 air-conditioned rooms provide flat-panel TV, high-speed Internet, safe, refrigerator, free tea & coffee facilities and luxurious Courtyard bedding. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Vienna Schoenbrunn Hotel Vienna