All reviewsschoenbrunn castlerooftop roommetro stationnice hotelcity centresummer palacefree wifihotel is locatedflat screenchristmas marketsofa bedwalking distanceminute walktea and coffee making facilitiescomfortable roomclose proximitycomfortable stay
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel on 28 & 29th of May. The receptionists were friendly and helpful. Like has been mentioned, the WiFi is not free except in the lobby. The downside for us was on the 28th night. We were at the restaurant. I had planned to charge the bill to our room, however, I found I had 35 Euros loose change. It was perfect for the tip and our bill. I gave the money for the bill to the waiter named Cisse and unfortunately forgot to take the filled out room charge with me. You won't believe that the guy still charged me another 35 Euros to my room. When I saw that on check-out, I immediately protested and asked them to call Cisse. I was told he was not picking his phone and was assured the matter will be straightened out. It was not. When I got to France, I called again and was told Cisse was on 2 weeks vacation and there was nothing they could do. This incident unfortunately was the only bad experience we had on our trip leaving from Canada, from the 21st thru to the 31st of May and staying all the way in various hotels in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Gunzburg, Salzburg, Vienna, Venice and Valbonne. My advice, don't pay cash at this hotel. Do not trust their management to handle your issue even if they say they will.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Though far away from Stephenplatz which is the actual CBD, the Courtyard Marriot Schonbrunn is just a few hundred meters away from the Royal Palace. Tickets to the concerts, Hop on Hop off rides around the city etc were all organised by their efficient staff. Excellent rooms / Clean Sheets / Good secure lockers (with credit card swipe facility) hwlped me walk around without the totebag full of currency, passports etc. The lobby has free WIFI and the same is charged in the rooms. Most importantly, it is most economical and our son as well could share the room which was large for an additional fee.

Room Tip: 6th floor. Larger rooms. Room 610 is very good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

It was suggested to me in booking a hotel in Vienna that perhaps a hotel closer to the city center of Vienna would be preferable for our needs. As seasoned travelers we chose this hotel based in part on tripadvisor reviews. The ubonn is literally a half block from the hotel and we had no trouble at all traveling to anywhere we needed to go by this wonderful subway. The hotel was clean, the rooms lovely and the service great. Schonbrunn Palace is a block away and is worth a visit. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a great hotel and is not afraid to use public transportation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 21 June 2013

stayed in this hotel for 2 days... 28 dec 2012 and 29th Sumit Jain booking....First of all its a good hotel if u want ambience, quality of stay but i would say they should concentrate on breakfast segment....now as far as location concerned very far from city center like stephenplatz...but good hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hotel is walking distance from Schonbrunn Palace and the train station. There is a big modern laundry walking distance from the hotel where you can wash and dry your clothes. The machine takes notes so no worries with regard to having change ! You can even buy the washing soap, plastic laundry bag, etc from the vending machine. Nice also is you can also buy coldrinks from the vending machine while you wait for your laundry. The hotel itself is neat and professional. At reception you can buy coldrink, snacks, etc. The room is not huge, but it is modern and you will get value for your money! We stayed in the rooftop room for 3 adults. You get a nice welcome on the television set :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends