2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$103
Travelocity$103
Trip.com$113
2,851 results
All reviews train station modern hotel great hotel minute walk separate toilet would stay here again comfortable room city centre convenient location nice breakfast reception staff public transport sauna supermarket pillows wifi stops
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Booked this hotel as I thought it was the best value near the centre (but not IN the centre) of town. On arrival the receptionist (forgot her name) was really warm and welcoming. In fact all of the staff throughout our stay were friendly. Typical hotel bar prices but a short walk to to main train station and here are a multitude of eateries and drinking places. Convenient location for getting around and very clean/modern inside. The meal we did have in the bar was delicious... let down only by the cost. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We prepaid as part of the booking which made it much cheaper than buying it on the day. For Vienna we paid a reasonable £55 per night for a double room including breakfast. Great courtyard too.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AndreasPurtscher, General Manager at Hotel Zeitgeist Vienna Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear Colindscott,

thank you so much for your review. We're happy you liked our location and friendly staff that much.

Our hotel bar/restaurant has comparable prices to other restaurants in Vienna, as it is very important for us to offer a good price-performance-ratio here as well. We're glad you enjoyed your meal - that's the way we like it :)

Looking forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during a study trip with our architects office. The rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The location is a bit from the city centre but public transportation makes it very accessible with subways near by. It is also easy accessible for buses, since we used tour buses at various trips. It was perfect for a group trip.

Trip type: Travelled on business
AndreasPurtscher, General Manager at Hotel Zeitgeist Vienna Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear Marcus,

thanks for your review.

You're right, the city center is accessible easily: As our hotel is located only 5 walking-minutes away from Vienna's main train station you reach the city center in less than 15 minutes by public transport. Some of the most important sights are even within walking distance: Belvedere, Botanical Garden, eg.

We'd be happy if you visited us again soon!
Your Zeitgeist Vienna-Team

Reviewed 16 August 2016

You are reaching after a long night’s journey and you are exhausted. You just want a bed and to sleep for a while after a quick shower. The bus journey was more than 10 hours and you slept sporadically on the bus. Also your feet look like baby elephants. You wanted to take a train, however none were available. And you know that you will have to wait till 2pm to get a room.

So after a long journey from Strasbourg to Vienna, I reached Vienna around 9 in the morning. By the time I reached the hotel, it was after 10 AM. Since it was too early for check in, my receptionist asked me to drop my luggage at the reception and come back after 2 PM.

Since I was hungry (no surprise there), I decided to have something in the only restaurant, Pergola, that was open at that time. I missed breakfast by 10 minutes. They had only apple strudel and I ended up having two with milk. What a delicious combination that was. My mom’s favorite dessert happens to be apple pie and I did remember you, Amma, while eating that apple strudel.

As I was leaving the hotel for exploring the city, the receptionist called out to me and told me that a room was available. I thanked all my stars and I got to my room. I decided to shower later and immediately plonked on the bed, only to fall asleep in 5 minutes. Beauty of solo travel. No one to bother you if you decide to shower later.

I slept soundly and woke up many hours later to realize that I had to rush to catch my show at the opera house. That was how good my room and bed was at Hotel Zeitgeist. After a pleasant rain shower (finally), I went downstairs to have a quick lunch before rushing off to the opera.

Hotel Zeitgeist is a four-star hotel located in the Sondewesse region of Vienna. It is 5 minutes by walk from the new central station, Hauptbahnof. I did not end up using the central station since I either took a cab or a hop on – hop off tour to get anywhere in Vienna. The nearest hop on – hop off tour was only 10 minutes by walk from the hotel.

This hotel is ideal for travelers looking to spend couple of days in Vienna but do not want to stay close to the bustle of the old town. Since it is highly accessible, it was a perfect location for me. When I saw the large desk in the room, I just wanted to sit and write for days together.

The funny thing about the bathroom is that it is partially open. The commode is separate and that can be closed. So this can get awkward if you are traveling with friends and relatives who are not your respective spouses (we had faced a similar issue when we were traveling with our cousin in Sydney. Every time my sister or I had to take a shower, my cousin had to step out of the room). Even though many reviews mentioned there was no mini fridge in the room, I felt that the vending machine on my floor was perfect. This way I had more options to choose from when I wanted a snack in the middle of the night.

Breakfast everyday was a lavish affair and I always ate to my fill. They also had decent vegetarian options. Another thing I liked was the ample space for the restaurants. It was much airier and comfortable compared to many other restaurants. They even have an outside seating area. Since it caters to a business traveler crowd, I did see many meetings happening in the bar.

One day, I sneaked off to the roof top gym and was blown over by the view from there. As usual, I did not get a chance to use the facilities but for business travelers, the gym and the sauna can be an added advantage. They also have paid underground parking and free wifi, making the hotel more appealing to a business traveler. Also the friendly staff are always there to make your stay even more comfortable.

Overall, I had a nice time at Hotel Zeitgeist and I would definitely stay here if I went back to Vienna.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank soumyan723
AndreasPurtscher, General Manager at Hotel Zeitgeist Vienna Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Dear Soumya,

thank you so much for your outstanding and informative review. We're glad you liked the Zeitgeist style. :) We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for staying with us.

All the best, and see you soon!
Your Zeitgeist Vienna-Team

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Spacious, clean and very modern room. Only stayed one night but couldn't have been more happy, especially considering the excellent rate. The location is good, close to the main station and subway. However, you'll have to take a short subway ride (2 stations) to get to Vienna's historical downtown. Missing in the room are tea/coffee facilities, and yes, a second pillow would have been nice. Nevertheless, the general very pleasant appearance of the room made up for this shortcoming.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Martin,

lovely to know that you couldn't have been more happy during your stay with us. We're glad to hear that.

Should you have any wishes at your next stay in our hotel, please just contact our reception team. They will be pleased to organize a second pillow for you and also a coffee or tea at any time.

Hope to see you real soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights and we had a lovely stay! The room was fabulous, very clean and spacious! We parked our car in the garage under the hotel which was very secure and lots of space (€16 per day). Would definitely stay again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
AndreasPurtscher, General Manager at Hotel Zeitgeist Vienna Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Dear Maria Lou,

lovely to know that everything was fine for you. Thanks for your review and nice words!

We would definitely be happy if you come back soon!