See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Absolutely stupidly run place! I got a nasty surprise when I turned up to the hostel and it was shut! Just shut. No night staff or anything! There was no information whatsoever on what to do in such a case- there was a sign on the door even saying "don't ring the doorbell after we're closed"- but I rang it anyway because it was 23.30pm and I was desperate and had already paid to stay here! But absolutely nothing! No one turned up- the doorbell was completely ignored- I rang it maybe 5x! Every time I got an answer machine message coming back through in Austrian German which I struggled to understand- telling me to press one number for one thing and another for something else- but there were no numbers! It was just a plane intercom! Oh my gosh! I didn't know what to do- I panicked and was so scared because I was on my own- next thing I was harrassed by a bunch of drunk youths whilst waiting outside! I should have been in a warm bed at that point- I was so tired- I'd been traveling for 12 hours and just wanted to sleep!

Anyway, so I had to find emergency last minute accommodation for the first night which ended up costing me 50 euros! But what else could I do?

So I had to come back and stay here for my second night even though the thought of returning to such a traumatizing place made me feel physically sick and anxious... there were two girls in front of me who the receptionist had just told were lucky because they had a room to themselves so I thought okay cool maybe I'll be lucky too- but nope. My room was absolutely packed when I arrived- 7 other people in a space of less than 25m squared- it was absolutely horrible and smelled appalling....
Then there were cockroaches crawling around everywhere- pubic hairs all over the bathroom- toilet smelled like wee and windows covered in bird poo. Dust EVERYWHEREEEEEEEEEE! No sign of any cleaners on any of the coming 2 days I stayed here, despite a sign saying "our cleaners are instructed to ....blah blah.........".
There was mould all over the showers and the floors were cracked. Also there was no hot water: there was a sign saying please come down to reception if there is no hot water- so I did: but what do you know? It was shut when I got down there. Also the reception is not in the same building- it's about a 10 minute walk so you can't just quickly run down in your slippers.
-Another thing: I noticed my sheets had a stain on them so I brought them back down to reception only for them to tell me it was my fault and then charge me for staining it- not true at all!
-Another thing I noticed: there were rude signs everywhere saying things like "if you lose your keys its an automatic 50 euros- we're not joking!" and another one read "if you check out even one minute late you'll automatically be charged for another night because its computer controlled" or something- not true. Also I had to pay 10 euros for a locker- absolute rip-off! That's how much I paid to stay in the first place!
-Also, the wifi was absolute crap and didn't work from my room so I asked could the receptionist check me in for my flight and help me print my boarding pass but he was very rude and refused to do so.
-Other things: walls are paper thin so you can hear your neighbours whispering! The accomadation is above a pub so you'll have to deal with drunk people every time you come in and out. The microwave is filthy and there is no cutlery. Showers don't have a curtain or door- so good luck with that- I refused to shower here! Overall an extremely crappy place.
I thought "how bad can it be?" when booking: it was only 10 euros and I wanted to save some money on accommodation but honestly staying in this place just casted a dark cloud over my whole trip and please just pay a few extra pounds for somewhere nicer- for your own mental (as well as physical) health!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lemoncheesecake3578
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Would to recommend this hostel but if you are only staying one night it is survivable.

When arriving the hostel office was actually closed for a lunch break which was not ideal and also was a pain the day I checked out as I wanted to leave my bag.

The hostel staff were actually very good! One of the women helped me find my bus terminal and went above and beyond! I wish I caught her name.

The actual hostel was not acceptable. The sheets were stained and the bathrooms were not clean. The hostels are apartment style and actually located away from the main office which actually didn't feel too safe. Because they are apartment style with the kitchen being at the heart of the hostel ... the noise was out of control both morning and night.

I wouldn't recommend but the hostel is doable if you want to save money for a couple of nights!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2017

It is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. It is really terrible, very very dirty, with small rooms and BEDBUGS. In beds are different bugs and insects so you can not sleep.
The only good thing is the location.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2016

The room was too small to accommodate 6 persons and lacked fresh air. The sockets were not enough. The bed and floor were too dirty and disgusting. There were bugs in the bed. The place was quite congested, kitchen, toilets and shower all in one hall. Only good thing was the location and the toilets and shower were good to use if you are the first one in the morning to use them.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 31 July 2016

This hostel was odd as the reception is not actually within the hostel itself (they vary but ours was across the road). The entrance was very spooky looking with greek statues and an old fashioned stair case (very creepy at night after a night out!). The location of the hostel however was brilliant, and close to the main street and museums quartier. The toilets/showers were not the cleanest however they werent awful, and the rooms were okay (stayed in a 4 bed room). It was cheap and cheerful and i would stay here again if i went traveling to vienna purely for the excellent location.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends