See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2014

The sheets were clean..thank God..but otheriwise this place felt dirty. My husband saw someone brushing his teeth and spitting in the kitchen sink and people left a mess in the common areas..the bathroom was grosse and the apartments themselves felt dirty and old.

The service wasn't that great,,the date of arrival we waited 45 minutes for the front desk to open
Then when we returned after the front desks scheduled break..the person in charged was still late leaving is waiting in the rain for 10 minutes. Sorry but a hostel that has this many rooms should have someone at reception all the time!

We were desperate for a place to stay..so if you are stuck then stay here for a night..but try and find an alternative if at all possible

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2014

The area of the hostel is pretty nice and it looks okay from the outside too. It's the closest hostel to the city center (at least that's what they say). When me and my friend arrived, there were a few other people there - a few younger people that kept to themselves and a few older guys. I wouldn't be bothered, but but on of the guys in our room kept snoring so loudly it woke me up a few times during the night. Another guy was wearing construction worker clothes in the morning. Whatever. What bothered me most were the showers though. I felt dirtier coming out than I was going in. Honestly, the atmosphere is horrible and as a tourist I'd never stay there again. It's not even that cheap. I got much more at Wombat's for 9 eur than I got in Labyrinth for 12.

Room tip: I don't know about the rest, but the big dorm is pretty bad.
Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed 30 September 2014

We stayed in the Labyrinth Hostel for two nights in June 2014 as a group of three in a four-bed room. The hostel is in a good location, but the atmosphere leaves much to be desired. The staff were quite surly and appeared begrudging to any help required, and there are many rooms (a whole A4 sheet!) of what is not allowed in the hostel. The hostel also appeared quite quiet (probably because the guests were afraid of breaking the rules), and there wasn’t a great deal of sociability even in the common areas.

The beds were comfortable though, and the hostel throughout was very clean. The shower / bathroom facilities were good, albeit not very private, and the WiFi was great even in-room.
Overall, I probably wouldn’t recommend this hostel. It’s not terrible, but I imagine there are better ones in this city.

Date of stay: June 2014
Reviewed 15 September 2014

So there are good things too. It's bang in the middle of the city centre, and has a couple of nice pubs close by.
However, you cannot advertise these rooms as 12 bed, or 6 bed or 8 bed rooms when all of the bedrooms are widely connected, because you are actually in a 26 odd bed room, which is certainly not what you pay for.
The showers and room were pretty grotty, and you share 3 showers, and 2 toilets between about 30 people.
The reception building is separate to the rooms. Our bedroom opened straight out onto the street, which was slightly strange too.
Felt like we were sleeping in part of an old factory, and our bed was bang in the middle of the room by a wide door way, so you get woken up a lot during the night, as therefore there's so many beds and so many people coming in and out all night.

Room tip: Don't stay.
Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Good price. Reasonably clean with a decent location right next to a tube station. We were lucky to have room D at the back of the hostel and although you have to walk through one giant corridor with 16 bunk beds to get there, you certainly have more privacy. Not the most luxurious of hostels but with the cheap price we had no complaints.

Date of stay: June 2014