All reviews complimentary mini bar opera house portable wifi mobile hotspot nice perk great location and staff fantastic stay courtyard room floor overlooking breakfast buffet was excellent room service little things walking distance late check five minute walk night stay nice hotel
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Had the chance to stay here on a night they have their monthly 'networking' event where the lines are well outside the hotel trying to get in. They move their lobby temporarily to facilitate this. Very busy indeed as the entire floor was taken up by the young and trendy.
Good choice for breakfast. Great location and staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KissimmeeKissimmee
LeMeridienExperience, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hello KissimmeeKissimmee, thank you for taking the time to provide such a fantastic review following your recent stay at Le Méridien. We always value feedback and we are excited you enjoyed the exquisite surroundings of our beautiful hotel as well as our lovely breakfast. It is our primary aim to deliver the very best of experiences to our guests, and always reassuring to hear we have got this right. On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Cordial regards from Vienna, your Le Méridien team

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Spent 4 nights at this hotel on a 20 day / 6 city trip to Europe. This was our 1st city to visit and was an amazing. I would recommend anyone to visit Vienna if they have the opportunity.

We booked a junior suite and our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the inner courtyard of the hotel. Having the suite gave us a large room with 2 washrooms, a nice big table area, and an excellent shower with multiple spray heads. The room also included a small mini bar with complimentary drinks. Not a huge selection, 1 beer, 2 Pepsi, 2 juice and water, but this is a nice perk that I wish more hotels would include. The bed was good and we had a quiet peaceful sleeps. WIFI in the room was excellent as well.

Our rate included breakfast and this hotel had one of the best buffet breakfasts I have ever had. There was lots of different items to choose from, made to order omelettes, and good selections of pastries and juices.

The hotel is a very short walk from Karlsplatz station and from there you have many choices to 3 different U Bahn lines which can get you close to most areas in the city. We arrived to the hotel taking the CAT train from the airport to the Wien Mitte station and the took the U Bahn to Karlsplatz. This cost 28 euros and I think was quicker than a taxi would have been, at about 1/2 the price. All in all I was very happy with my choice to stay at the Le Meridien and would not hesitate to stay here again if I ever return to Vienna.

Room Tip: Junior suite was nice
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BR2016Canada

Dear BR2016Canada, thank you for your great review. We really do appreciate our guests taking the time to leave us feedback, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay - we really cannot ask for a score greater than 5 out of 5. At Le Méridien we pride ourselves in delivering an exceptional level of service and truly providing the most memorable of stays for all of our guests. Hopefully we have the pleasure welcoming you back to Le Méridien soon. With kindest regards, your Le Méridien team

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

A very good location , close to down town and to opera , rooms are good in space , staff wwre amazong also , they have a very good restaurent in the lobby with a good band , just one thing , the beds are not that comfortable.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear majedarqub, thank you for taking the time to compose this review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments as we always strive to provide our guests with a superior product and personal service beyond expectations. Therefore, we are very happy that you enjoyed our location and chic rooms. Yet, we are truly sorry that we did not manage to convince you with our beds. It is indeed our ambition that all our services and requirements are remembered as an unforgettable positive experience. Rest assured that we will look into the described matters. Dear majedarqub, we would indeed be very happy to provide you with an excellent service. With best regards, your Le Méridien team

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Our hotel room was on the 5th floor overlooking a side street rather than the opera house. We paid extra for a larger room and although it was seemed quite compact compared to previous hotel stays, the space was adequate. The complementary mini bar was a lovely touch although when we checked in, it was not fully stocked - had less than half of what should have been there. Thankfully as we had read reviews before we went and thus had to ring down to reception to sort out. The bed was super comfy. The pool was small but usable. The jacuzzi was fab as were the swinging loungers. Staff were very attentive and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful in terms of choice. However the hot food selection, only in my opinion, was not to my taste. The location is perfect - minutes away from the opera house, main shopping street and all town restaurants. Overall lovely hotel but would like to try another if we were to return to Vienna.

Stayed: September 2018
LeMeridienExperience, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear travelchick066, thank you for taking the time to review your recent Le Méridien experience - we thoroughly appreciate your kind words and positive feedback. We are so glad to hear that you felt so comfy and not only enjoyed our awesome location but also relaxed in our gorgeous spa area with indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath and gym. It’s the best place to relax after a long and exciting day of sightseeing. It would be our pleasure welcoming you back again on your next travels to Vienna. Kind regards, your Le Méridien Vienna team

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

As other travellers have pointed out, I've found the room service the worst part of the overall stay. One evening I called the reception twice, because the window blinds, that were half lowered, were very noisy with the strong wind, and it was impossible to open or close them completely them from the inside. They told me someone would come up right away. After one hour waiting I called again, they again said that someone would come in 5-10 minutes. Nobody ever came, and I finally slept terribly because of the noise that went on the whole night. Is appalling that in a hotel where you pay more than 200 euros per night they can't fulfill such a simple request!
Moreover: When i first got to the room, in the minibar there was a bottle of coke half empty, I told the reception, but for 3 days nobody replaced it (inside the fridge there's a card saying that the drinks are complimentary and replaced every day). Not a sign of a good room service.
One detail I also didn't like was that every day they replaced the little plastic bottles of shampoo and shower gel, even if the ones from the previous day were still 80% full: unnecessary waste of plastic.
The rooms are nice, although I didn't like that, because of the fancy design, there is just a 1 cm thick glass wall separating the toilet from the room, with the wc being just one meter away from the bed headboard. In my case it was not a problem, cause I was traveling alone, but I sure wouldn't have liked it if I had been sharing the room with my girlfriend.
The breakfast was good, in line with the level of the hotel.
Overall, the hotel is good, but the service clearly below what you expect from a high end accommodation.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank briandeparma
LeMeridienExperience, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear briandeparma,

first of all, I would like to thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at Le Méridien. As we strive to provide our guests with excellent service and an outstanding product on a daily basis, your feedback is very meaningful to us.
At Le Méridien Vienna we pride ourselves to be completely committed to the practice of excellent hospitality and our utmost aim is to provide our guests with a marvelous stay. Therefore, I am genuinely sorry hearing about the inconvenience caused by the blinds in your room and the poor follow up from our end, please accept my sincerest apology. Your valuable feedback and suggestions will most certainly be reviewed and actioned on urgently. We are also troubled reading that your minibar was not properly refilled and rest assured that appropriate actions will be taken to avoid reoccurrence.
Dear briandeparma, we hope that this experience does not tarnish our reputation and that you give us a chance to better serve you in the future. It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back at the hotel to make your next stay with us a truly memorable experience.
Thank you again for your time Mr. Martinez. I remain at your disposal for any questions or inquiries any time.

Cordial regards,