“ultra chic and great location”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #74 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is an ultra-chic hotel with meeting room names like Blazing White and Flaming Red, modern art displays in the lobby, and stylish rooms with glass-walled bathrooms and shower areas that are little more than a mostly walled-off corner with side drain. While very eye catching, and the side spray nozzle was handy, the down side was getting much of the bathroom floor wet whenever taking a shower. I also couldn't really figure out how to adjust the thermostat, despite the well-marked instructions.

A nice touch is free drinks and water in the fridge. But the best part of the hotel is the location, one block from the Opera House and the cafe home of the Sachertorte, and all the great shopping of central Vienna.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
frontofhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear ”ptbooth”,

Thank you very much for your positive review regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Indeed we are a very modern hotel, representing the 21st century but with a beautiful vintage touch, typical for our city. We are happy to heat that you felt very comfortable and that you could enjoy your stay at the most.

The Le Méridien was re-branded in 2003, starting off with a new concept called “Art and Tec” which is reflected i.e. in the shower. We are always aiming to have a leading and innovative position in the hotel industry and Le Méridien is constantly trying to develop itself. Do you actually know why we called one of our conference room Fancy Purple? Because it is in the middle of Flaming Red and Velvet Blue…mix blue and red together and the outcome is purple.

Nonetheless I would like to apologize for the technical inconvenience you experienced due to thermostat. Certainly we would have sent immediately a technician upstairs to fix this problem.
We hope to host you many more times at our hotel and would be delighted to welcome you soon back.

I rest on your disposal for any kind of questions you might have.
Best regards,

Guest Relations Supervisor.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

great hotel for a city trip!! breakfast just awesome....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear “wirz_pauline”,

Thank you very much for your short but very sweet comment regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are happy to hear that you could enjoy your city trip at the most and that we could benefit to your comfort. Did you actually know that our breakfast was especially created by chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten to wake up all your five senses?

So we hope to welcome you soon back in Vienna and would be delighted to host you many more times.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is my second stay and my memory of the last time must have been colored. I first was a assigned a room at the far, and I mean far, corner of the hotel, room 436 (or something like that). it had no view and reminded me of a prison cell. I complained and was moved to room 221 which is directly on the Ringstrasse which is what I asked for. The room is simple and clean. But the A/C didnt work and despite my complaints to the bellman and the front desk they told me to give it time. well, I just ended up opening my windows, but because I am only on the second floor, the hotel bellmen stand out front right under my window and smoke and the cigarette smoke comes up into my room. So, my choices are, keep windows close and overheat, or keep windows open and breathe second hand smoke.

The hotel is in the perfect location to explore Vienna. I just dont believe i am getting a good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank motowninchapelhill

Dear “Emil K“,

thank you very much for your honest and open feedback regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Your opinion is highly valued and we would like to pay to your comments even more attention as you are one of our repeating guests.

I am very sorry to hear that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations within your second stay. Please accept my apologies for the room assignment which has been not like expected. I am happy to hear though that we could change you to another room with your preferred view. Nonetheless it is not appropriate having staff smoking outside of the main entrance of the hotel. Please be assured that action has been already taken to guarantee that such a situation won’t occur again.

Furthermore I would like to apologize also for the technical inconvenience with the AC in your room which was definitely asking for a better solution.

I really hope that we will get a third chance by you to proof your trust in our quality and services. Personally I would make sure that you would feel warmly welcome and that everything is perfectly arranged for you prior arrival. I would be delighted to keep in touch with you and would happily assist you with your next booking. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time via katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.

Best regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 4 June 2012

The Le Meridien Vienna is all about location. This hotel sits along the main artery that circles the city center of Vienna and is literally a 5 minute walk or less from the Staatsoper, Hofburg Palace, Kunthistoriches Museum, etc. You can also stroll down the main walking thoroughfare for shopping and Stephansplatz.

The decor of the hotel is modern and minimalist, as most of the Le Meridien's are. The hotel staff was overall helpful and friendly.

My only negative experience was the heavy smell of cigarettes by the bar and in the elevators (coming from NYC where there absolutely no smoking allowed indoors and few public smokers about, the smell was pretty overwhelming). Granted, I suppose that is just a part of the culture that you have to accept.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear “gnowad”,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are happy to hear that you could enjoy the city at the most thanks to our superb location and that we could benefit to your comfort with our hotel and amenities.

Your good comments about our staff members are showing us that our daily efforts are recognized by our guests and valued. I tend to say a hotel is only as good as its employees and we are glad that you could feel our patience for quality service.

Nonetheless I would like to apologize for the uncomfortable situation you experienced due to our smoking bar Le Moet. We are trying to find a way to please all of our guests, whether smoking or non-smoking, but we are currently working out a solution that the smoke is not reaching the elevators.
We would be delighted to host you many more times at the Le Mèridien Vienna and rest on your disposal for any kind of questions or requests.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2012

hi.le meridien hotel is ideally located in the center of vienna.its 5 to 10 mn walk to all the major sightseeing and shops and center of vienna.the hotel itself is good,good service,nice rooms ,modern and well managed.the gym is little small and not well appointed.i didnt try breakfast or lunch,but it seems to be good regarding the good odors.finally,i would say its not wow,but regarding the location and the service,its more than fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
frontofhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear “achif”,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are glad to hear that you felt comfortable in your room and that you could benefit from our great location which is definitley an advantage for our guests. But what it is even more important to us is that you have been happy with our services.

I am sorry to hear that the fitness center was not like expected. Our recreation area is surley not the biggest but we are the only city hotel in Vienna offering a swimming pool and we are glad to invite our guests to enjoy those facilities.

We hope to welcome you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna and would be delighted to host you and seize the chance to make sure your next stay would be beyond exepecations. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me via email to katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.

Kind regards,