“Innovative Japanese Cuisine”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Ordered this business lunch vegetable rice bowl with Miso soup starter. Creative japanese cuisine with a creative interior. Finished with an excellent espresso served with a wooden spoon listening to the mellow sound of Miles Davis. Top!

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Very nice food and wonderful atmosphere are the two main characteristics of Mochi. Service is also very good.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

This is a Japanese pub type restaurant (izakaya), love the environment, the price is reasonable as izakaya, but we were hungry and ordered multiple dinners, which came out to be a little bit high. We enjoyed our food and would recommend for sure!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We went in with a group of friends and asked what the waitress liked.
Her choice was superb, like the different tastes of the fantastic food. The sake was perfect as for the rest of the diner.
I would like to live here, but my way wife says I can’t.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We visited Mochi last Saturday lunchtime. We asked for a table for 4. Booker said nothing doing, try again in an hour. We walked around for an hour and tried again. I took one look at the young woman on our return and said “it’s not happening today, is it?”. “No”, she said.

I don’t think our faces fitted. I think the website says you can book on Saturday lunchtime, but not any other lunchtime in the week, when it’s first come, first served. But that info is not in English on the website. So doughnuts like me that don’t read fluent German, or don’t have the superpower of compelling staff to pick up the ‘phone when you ring the restaurant to ask if you can book are somewhat stuck.

Never mind. We tried some takeaway from the branch across the road, it was very expensive, it was very nice. I would wager you could find equally good sushi in Vienna for less.

I’d like to say we’d go back, but the waitress’ attitude put us off. If the place was absolutely packed for the rest of the day she could have offered us a table for another day. She didn’t.