“Viennas very best”

Der Wilhelmshof
Ranked #31 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I had an amazing stay at the hotel, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast and a wonderful atmosphere. IT IS as it looks on the pictures ;) I can only recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Der Wilhelmshof

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Once again I decided to follow Tripadvisor reviews, and like most of the times, is was a success. The price was not very high and in return, our big party (7 people in 3 rooms) got a lovely, big, clean and well decorated rooms. The stuff was very nice and welcoming, and the breakfast - included in the room's price - was very good, and made it the perfect deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hava_tr
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We've been staying at this hotel for 7 years now and our stays are usually a fortnight as we are representatives to the United Nations and we attend the annual sessions there. It is always a delight to come back to Der Wilhelmshof. The staff is warm, friendly and efficient, in all areas. The rooms are impeccable in every way, extremely comfortable and have everything we need. The warm floor in the bathroom is a delight. Breakfast is a real treat and all the food is of top quality. The location is most appropiate, with good transport connections close by and a peaceful atmosphere. To us, Vienna means Der Wilhelmshof!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors -overlooking Kleine Stadtgutgasse- have picturesque views of the sunset a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Maureen W
wilhelmshof, Leiter Front Office at Der Wilhelmshof, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Maureen,

thank you very much for your kind review. We are very honored that you and your daughter are our guests since seven years. Our whole team wants to thank you for your great feedback. We are already looking forward to welcome you again next year.

All the best from Vienna

your Wilhelmshof team

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I liked staying there because
- the rooms are big and there is a lot of space inside
- it is close to 2 subway stations (Nestroyplaz and Praterstern - more than just a station)
- the hotel is really clean
- there is a large tv screen in the room (never ussed it though)

I can understand a non-smoking policy, but - as a (heavy) smoker - I find it annoying that there is no smoking area inside the hotel (or at least that's what I was told).

All other services are average or above:
- you get free wireless network access
- the breakfast is OK
- air conditioning is there (never used it, though)
- you get a large bath tub (if you are into taking long baths)
- the minibar has decent prices

And one interesting fact: I checked in alone and only one out of two beds was arranged. So, the hotel has already chosen for me where to sleep (or I could re-arrange the sheets). I do not have a problem on which side of the room to sleep and I believe this cost reduction / environment protection measure was taken after single customers used both beds, but it is the first hotel I found it applied and (although it gave me a cheap feeling) I expect not to be the last.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room that is not facing the (noisy) street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I was in Vienna for 1-week business trip, with activities in the Vienna International Conference Center. Location was one of the main reasons for my choice of this hotel. It turned out to be right. Nice, comfortable, clean rooms, very friendly staff. And very quiet location, although only some 5 minutes walk from a city traffic hub at Praterstern. I have only two critical comments. The hotel is labeled with 4 stars, but the towels are like in 2-star hotel, very ordinary, thin and rough. The second comment: I was there at the end of April, the hotel is in old building with thick walls, and heating was already off. Despite warm weather outside, the room and bathroom were quite cold. Otherwise, I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business