Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Royal Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Royal Tours
from US$ 43.99
More Info
All reviews day trip mini van sound of music tour moon lake photo op stops bilingual tour bathroom break hour ride great trip walking tour small group tour group nice tour worth the trip wander around two hours city centre
Reviewed 1 week ago

our salzburg day trip from vienna was very good . we were 8 people in a mini van which was good and our guide was Robert. Robert was very friendly and he explains everything
clearly .and also our day trip to budapest was good with Royal tours.that was in a coach they pick us up on time. both salzburg and budapest were very good places.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Had a great trip to Budapest with Royal Tours. Our driver Fernando was just amazing, he was very knowledgeable about the history of the area and so very personable. I would highly recommend this trip and if you can, request Fernando !

Andrea M, Manager at Royal Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Cyprian,

thank you so much for your nice review, we already forwarded it to Fernando, who highly appreciated it.
Kind regards,
Andrea

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

On January 2nd we took one of your guided one day visits to Prague from Vienna, after taking the one to Budapest on Dec 27th and being thrilled by the experience.

We were totally surprised and excited to find out that it was only the 8 of us (3 in our party and 5 of our American friends) and that we were going to do a trip in a mini van, which it’s not the most confortable way to make the almost 4 hour trip if I must say. No comfort, no space, no view.

The day was not the best day to make the car trip, one of those winter, rainy and blindly foggy days but we made it in record time to Prague. I was appalled at the cruise speed and at some point I just had to close my eyes and pray we’ll make it safely to our destination. I don’t think 150km per hour and tailgating trucks to pass them are the most professional and safe ways to take us to our destination considering the road and weather conditions were not the most suitable. Our guide seemed confident with his driving and used to make it weekly so we trusted him and we arrived to Prague. Disappointed he did not take us to the castle, although he kindly pointed us in that direction and he did not recommended us going if we were just there for the day ... some of us had been in Prague before and going to the castle is the first thing to do, then driving down to the city and doing the rest of the tour on foot. From here on, everything was surrealistic, pointing the square from May 68, no historical context whatsoever, getting to the Astronomical clock, two words, “here is the clock, very famous”. To the right is the Old Town square, he didn’t take us, but he pointed kindly. To the left, to the Charles bridge, where we crossed and he mentioned two unintelligible comments about the statues, he lead us to St Michael Church and that was our wonderful tour of Prague ... really? No mention at all whatsoever about the Jewish quarter, we asked, oh yes, there are some synagogues ... We asked what we should do in the time we had and we were advised to “walk around”. We just decided to end it as fast as possible, made the best of it and visit on our own. Not at all the wonderful experience we had in Budapest, pitty, considering we were only 8 people. Totally disappointing.

Needless to say, we made it in record time back to Vienna. Safely, yes.

2  Thank Sfcorzo
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We took a day tour to visit Prague with Royal Tours Vienna. It was terrible.
Trip to Prague from Vienna,we took a mini van. The van is good for employees, not for tourists,not equipped for 4 hours trips. Seats are not confortable. No washroom. Not even room to put your purse. Seating in the middle away from each side of the van, non the less front seat being so high blocked the view, I ended up not being able to take souvenir pictures. Ruened my day.
Just to get the essence of what I meant, the driver was holding the stirring wheel with one hand and the speaker with the other on a high speed instead of having a head set and free hands. Non the less that sound was poor while we could have been provided with ear piece, the sound of the Diesel engine was overwhelming. Theses were just a few examples as a feedback.

2  Thank Hilda A
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Brilliant trip to Salzburg from Vienna. Great guide with the right balance of guide information and time left to wander on our own. We loved the contrast between the city of Vienna and the other 70% of Austria; glad we saw the mountains and lakes that make up most of this lovely country. Highlight of the trip was the spectacular view from the Nonnberg Abbey.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

When I travel I love to explore each place on my own without a guide however due to lack of time we took this day trip to Budapest and I will say I don't regret it at all. Our pick up was on time and she dropped us to the main point where the bus was ready for us. Got into the bus and the guide was fabulous. Spoke good English and gave a lot of information about the tour and Hungarian culture, food and history. The bus was comfortable and the ride was smooth and we eat most authentic Hungarian food in one of the cafes suggested. A bit overpriced however relaxing and a great day spent with friends. The weather was amazing 30 degrees which was like cherry on top.

1  Thank Sai P