Hotel Mailbergerhof
US$ 297
US$ 255
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmailberger hofexcellent locationquiet pedestrian streetguest loungenice loungeflat screen tvblackout curtainsvienna operabreakfast roomwalking distancetea and coffeekartner strassemini barsmall hotellarge roomsmall kitchensingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This hotel is located in the heart of Vienna. The service was excellent, and the room charming. The beds were sooo comfortable, we barely made it out of bed for breakfast. There was a TV, mini-bar, desk and arm chairs. The room was spacious. Breakfast is served in a veranda by the inner courtyard (an excellent buffet). We arrived five minutes before it ended, and were received with a smile. We were told not to miss the delicious breakfast, and to take our time. !! :-)
We had a fantastic price through the Office of Tourism.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2009

It is a historic building at a great location. The staff was helpful & friendly in general. The included breakfast was simple but alright. The rooms are big, but the furniture and appliances are old. So we have disintegrating drawers, and hair dryers that are not powerful enough. Things were actually not too bad until we wanted to check out. We had an early flight and so we had to check out at 5 am. The staff provided the luggage wagon for us. I asked my family to wait in the room first, and I moved all our luggage on to the wagon and into the lift. Then the lift moved down 5 inches and stopped - it was stuck. I could still feel the horror, not to mention that I was scared that we will be late for our flights. After 10 minutes they managed to move the lift down to the first floor. I was quite relieved and tried to open the door, but then the lift descended again. I managed to wedge the wagon between the lift and its door. After crying for help, the night staff and my chauffer had to "rescue" me and our luggages from the half-stuck lift. And what did the staff say when I got out? "The weight must have crossed 320 kg." There is simply no way that my 4 pieces of luggage and me will weigh that much. I will definitely not recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2009

The outside of the hotel and the lovely courtyard are the most interesting aspects of the old historic building. We had a third floor room overlooking the pedestrian-only street, which was surprisingly loud all night. We were forced to choose between leaving the windows open for air or shutting out the noise -- either way I didn't sleep well. The rooms are clean, a bit worn around the edges, but adequate. Small things weren't attended to -- one soap dispenser was empty and the other one didn't work (we fixed it with a pocket knife). Both the electrical outlet and the hair dryer in the bathroom were broken. The staff was generally helpful, though not friendly. Twice I heard two different staff members snap at guests. The breakfast was much like the rest of the stay -- adequate with limited choices. The coffee was quite good, and the tea terrible. The location is wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 22 June 2006

This could be a great hotel. A beautiful building with a charming courtyard in a prime location. All major attraction and venues are within walking distance. Unfortunately the service we received at the hotel did not mirror the fact that we were staying in a 4-hotel. The reception staff were extremely unfriendly and uncaring. We felt like intruders when simply asking for the room keys.
No matter what time we had our breakfast, none of the tables had been emptied and prepared after the previous guests' meal. We actually had to look for tableware ourselves. Not to mention that the breakfast buffet was hardly ever attended to (and that you had to pay EUR 1.20 if you wanted a boiled egg, EUR 2.50 for 2 fried eggs, etc.). On one occasion we even got frozen bread for they had forgotten to defrost it in time.
The (twin) room was very quiet and spacious, but in need of some refurbishment. To use the wardrobe with its sliding doors proved somewhat of a muscular exercise. Again there was a total lack of attention for there was no leaflet introducing the hotel, its facilities and important facts, such as breakfast times, etc.
All in all this was a very disappointing stay, even more so at a room rate of EUR 230. We shall certainly not go back to this hotel, despite its superb location and settings.

• Stayed: June 2006
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 March 2006

We (5 adults, including my 82 year old grandmother) stayed at the Mailbergerhof for a week, the end of February, beginning of March. We were very happy with the location, on a quiet walking street, walking distance from most toruist sites. The staff were wonderful, most at the reception desk spoke good English. They were very helpful, ordered us taxis to pick us up at the airport and to take us back. they also helped with phone calls. The rooms were quite large by European standards, clean, beds were turned down at night. Full bathrooms. Rooms were quiet, especially the ones on the courtyard side. Breakfasts were delicious. All in all we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2006