If you are looking for a hotel in Vienna offering clean accommodation, reasonably sized rooms, reasonable amenities, good customer service with efficient friendly staff in a good location at a decent price - then this is it!
It was recommended by business colleagues who travel regularly to the city.
Upon arrival I was unsure where the entrance was as it is so nondescript! However as you approach the double doors that open automatically and walk into a clean and gleaming reception area any initial doubts were quashed. The small reception and seating area abuts the breakfast area where a comprehensive fresh Continental breakfast is served.
A wide corridor with a shoe cleaner leads to a single ultra modern glass lift that whisks you up to your floor.
I had a suite for the remarkable sum of Euro70 a night! The normal price is around Euro170. It comprised of a very large lounge with a study area, a kitchen area incorporating a sink, fridge, microwave and coffee/tea making facilities and lounge with sofa and individual chairs as well as the usual flat panel TV. The decor was bare but there was plenty of space.
After the huge lounge the bedroom was a bit disappointing. There was not much storage space for hanging up clothes (4 hangers provided). Even with more hangers one could not get much more than 8 items (max) hanging. Some open shelves were provided but it really was the Achilles heal of the suite.
There is a single sink leading off from the bedroom and from there another room has the shower and toilet. All immaculately clean. No face flannels are provided. A small inconvenience.
Whilst the suite had HVAC it was boiling hot irrespective of what setting one used. Luckily the windows open and cool fresh air could be let in. This, to me, was a big plus as I tend to find the canned air in most major chains where the windows do not open uncomfortable.
The hotel is reasonably positioned for access to underground (2 minutes) and the city centre (15 minute walk).
So, if the glitz and glamour of 5 star hotels are not important but clean, quality accommodation at a great price is, then book this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Vienna!Experience the sophistication of staying in a luxury Suite Hotel in the city center of Vienna.As our guest, you will enjoy immense privacy, comfort and business opportunities and your stay will be unforgettable.The Suites in our personalized Hotels, are designed and furnished to make your stay perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starlight Suiten III Heumarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Suiten Iii Heumarkt Hotel Vienna
- Starlight Suiten Iii Heumarkt Vienna