All reviews settimo cielo the ground floor restaurant great location cathedral bells rooftop restaurant central location top floor st stephens cathedral major sights the heart of the city room was large minute walk i highly recommend this hotel opera house old city four nights on foot
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We stayed at Hotel Royal March 8 – 12, 2018. It was the perfect location, in the center of all sites and restaurants. It was located right off the pedestrian walkway; STEPHANSDOM (St. Stephen’s) was around the back of the hotel. The hotel room was nice, but a little warm. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious with a large selection of eggs, meats, cheese, fruit, yogurt, juices, breads, pastries, coffee and tea. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
FamilieKremslehner, Inhaber at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Paco!

Thank you for this nice comment after your recent stay in our Hotel Royal. We are delighted to hear that we coudl exceed your expectations and are looking forward to having you with us soon again.

Easterly greetings from Vienna, your family Kremslehner on behalf of the team

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Had a super stay here. The staff were really friendly, the food was excellent (we ate in both restaurants), the room clean and comfortable and surprisingly quiet (barely any traffic as the pedestrian area is just beyond the hotel) There is a great mirror and hairdryer in the bathroom. There was no kettle but that is the same all over this part of the world. Plenty of space. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 50scoupleManchester

Dear guests!

Thank you for choosing our Hotel Royal for your stay in Vienna and for sharing your experiences with other travellers.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Vienna and especially with us and that you even tried both our restaurants.
We hope to have you with us soon again!

Best greetings your family Kremslehner on behalf of your Hotel Royal team

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I visit vienna for business very often and I was a guest of this hotel many times the last 20 years (minimum 1 time every year) because it is centrally located. The last time I was at this hotel was in November 2016 but as the hotel became very old before I proceed in a new reservation I called the hotel and got the information they had proceeded to renovations so I decided to book again. When I checked the rates through the official site of the hotel the rate of a singe room on breakfast basis was 70 euros and for the double room for single use on breakfast basis was 100.50 euros per night. As I was not sure my wife will be able to travel with me on that trip I made a reservation for the termin 26-28 february for a double room for single use (1 person) with the request to receive room with double bed and I was charged in jy credit card with the amount of 201 euros. I repeat this was the rate of a double room for single use.
When I checked in at the hotel accompanied with my wife the reception asked me to pay extra 50 euros per night. 100 euros for 2 nights. As i found this amount very huge I got the answer that this rate concerns the extra breakfast and the use of the room by a second person. I told them that I agree to pay the cost of the extra breakfast which was 19 euros as I had already paid the difference from a single room to a double and I should pay only for the additional breakfast they refused. I called the manager expecting to find a solution in this matter but he just informed me if I do not agree I could easily cancel my stay but he did not want to refund me the amount they had received through my credit card. I explained him that I am coming from tourist business and I know very well this job and he should take into consideration that I am a repeater gust of the hotel and he should take care of me. Contrary he just turned me his back and went away telling me if I do not accept it is my problem. As I did not have any other choice I paid the 100 euros extra and I believed that everything was settled. Unfortunately it seems they wanted to punish me for my reaction. They gave me a very bad room, with 2 single and very vary old beds with very old mattresses and we could not sleep well and relax during the night. The fan coil was very old and noisy so we could not use it and the room was very cold (outside temperature - 12c during the night and also there was no noise proof as we could hear everything from the room next to us.
Next morning we went for breakfast but I have to say that comparing with the quality and the choice of past years became very pore and bad quality. The coffee very bad and cold and I asked for one espresso and I was told I had to pay extra. OMG with 19 euros cost of the breakfast I could have even champagne in Hilton.
On our departure day checking out we were asked if we made use of any items of the mini bar. We informed them accordingly they made their control we paid for the extras and got the relative receipt.
When we returned home we realized and new surprise that our credit card was charged with an addition amount of 2,60 euros for which we were not informed although they had our e mail.
I believe that the hotel should have a better standard if they had a better manager.
I advise all future clients of thehotel to be secured before of the services they will be provided and that they will not have any unexpected charges.
Personally I will never stay again in this hotel in the future even if all vienna is fully booked ath this one will be the only solution

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
FamilieKremslehner, Manager at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank your very much for your detailed feedback on TripAdvisor. We are very disappointed to read that we could not meet your expectations on your last stay at our house and would now like to react on your complaint to give you some explanations on your statements.

Like you already mentioned, you have booked in advance a double room for single use with breakfast included for the amount of € 100.50 per night. As your wife was then travelling with you, the reception charged onsite the extra amount of € 50.00 per night for the second person.

This fixed amount of € 50,00 for an additional person sharing the room consists of several services, as already explained from our reception and manager on duty which are, of course the additional breakfast fee, additional laundry efforts like bed linen, towels, higher water consumption, etc.

We really feel sorry to hear that you felt mistreated by our manager on site, but we do agree with the given explanations about extra costs.

But of course it is important for us to hear also critical comments so we can monitor our service and know where improvement is needed.
We hope that our statement could make the situation somehow clearer and more understandable to you.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and remain with
best regards

The Kremslehner family on behalf of the Hotel Royal Team

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We have just returned from a family weekend I Vienna. Excellent hotel, good rooms, lovely breakfast, very helpful staff and central for all the sights in the old city. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit.

Room Tip: Just go and enjoy.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
FamilieKremslehner, Inhaber at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear Margaret!
Wow - thank you for this wonderful feed back - you just made our day! This is just the way your visit should be and we hope to have you with us soon again!
Best greetings from Vienna, your family Kremslehner on behalf of your Hotel Royal team

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel right in the center, near the Stephansdom. Everything clean and need. Breakfast is good. Service is good. But the beds are terrible, very hard like lying on the floor. We didn't slept very well the first night. The reception offered us another room first, but unforunatelly the same beds. We asked to make the beds softer, so they put an top matras on the original matras, which was much better.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Brigitte!
Thank you for your detailled feed back that is highly appreciated. We are sorry to hear that you did not like our new and hard mattresses - it is true that we decided to buy hard matresses as this is the kind most of our guests prefer. In case that they are too uncomfortable we offer topping for the beds. We are yorry if this has caused inconveniences to you stay in Vienna!
Best wishes your family Kremslehner on behalf of the Hotel Royal team