There’s no need to look for something more central than this – a few paces off Karntnerstrasse and the Stephansplatz metro stop, you’re right in the heart of Vienna and still can get a very quiet room if you ask for one facing the courtyard off the street. There’s an oddness to this place that’s hard to articulate with its double doors and unusual configuration. The smaller rooms, at least, aren’t really made for sitting, but we became comfortable in our room. Bathrooms are large and functional except for the bath/shower, in which it’s hard to actually take a shower without flooding the bathroom floor. The air conditioning works beautifully, which is important during the summer. Breakfast is or isn’t included in the rate depending what you ask for, and if you don’t reserve it, you can add it easily on the spot. At 12 Euros, it’s a fair value depending how much you want to load up for the day. You can get an ample breakfast a few minutes away for about 7 Euros, but the hotel offers an all you can eat buffet. Vienna’s not an especially inexpensive destination, so we powered down at the hotel. The front desk service is impeccable – invisible if you want it to be, and it will provide you friendly and excellent service if you ask for it. Overall, I’m quite happy with the decision to stay here and would stay here again when visiting Vienna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find the HOTEL KAISERIN ELISABETH directly in the city center of Vienna, just next to the famous pedestrian zone the Kärntnerstraße and the Graben, only a few steps from St. Stephan`s Cathedral.Our 63 non-smoking rooms are located on four floors. Each room provides bathroom/shower and WC, and is equipped with satellite-TV, flatscreen TV, telephone, radio, minibar, roomsafe, internetaccessW-Lan (free of charge for our guests), and air-condition. Smoking is allowed in an own separate area in our breakfast room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaiserin Elisabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaiserin Elisabeth Vienna
- Kaiserin Elisabeth Hotel Vienna