Step out of the lobby, turn right, and you in the very centre of the town with markets, shops, restaurants and attractions all within minutes. We stayed at another hotel when we returned the following year and Kaiserin Elisabeth was fully booked (we picked a national holiday - who knew?!) so we ended up in a different hotel which was fine, but the extra 20 minutes turned any trip into a bit of a trek, and the smiley but not entirely helpful staff made us realise which hotel we really wanted to be in!
A key luxury of this hotel is the staff - looking like the lost english tourists we were, the concierge were incredibly polite, friendly and helpful. There was no bullying into going to set attractions, but recommendations based on what we said we were looking for in terms of budget and atmosphere.
When we said we wanted to go visit the "James Bond Ferris Wheel" we were given meticulous directions but the added touch was some personal advice not to go that evening, but leave it to the next day. While we were adamant that we wanted to go it was out of town and therefore could be a little unsafe, so the concierge said he would feel happier if we went during the daylight hours :) It was really nice compared to just being given directions and heading out into the evening without this extra local knowledge.
Staff and location aside, I cannot fault the hotel for comfort, cleanliness and facilities. As another reviewer said, the breakfast is rather good too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find the HOTEL KAISERIN ELISABETH directly in the city center of Vienna, just next to the famous pedestrian zone the Kärntnerstraße and the Graben, only a few steps from St. Stephan`s Cathedral.Our 63 non-smoking rooms are located on four floors. Each room provides bathroom/shower and WC, and is equipped with satellite-TV, flatscreen TV, telephone, radio, minibar, roomsafe, internetaccessW-Lan (free of charge for our guests), and air-condition. Smoking is allowed in an own separate area in our breakfast room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaiserin Elisabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaiserin Elisabeth Vienna
- Kaiserin Elisabeth Hotel Vienna