“Excellent Vienna hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Wien
Ranked #5 of 366 Hotels in Vienna
“Excellent Vienna hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and 17 year old daughter and I stayed three nights at the Kaiserhof in the middle of March. We were more than happy. Our room was on the third floor. It was quiet, comfortable and clean. My daughter said the chair bed was the most comfortable bed she had on the entire trip.
The hotel employs more staff than most hotels I have been in. The free breakfast buffet (it really is as good as everyone says) is always fully stocked. We watched a supervisor come out with her check list, there were 2 staff serving coffee and tea and cleaning tables, and at least one or two staff refilling the buffet.
Everyone we dealt with was very friendly, especially the woman in charge of the lounge. We checked out at noon, left our bags with reception, spent the rest of the day in the Museum Quarter, then returned to spend a couple of hours in the lounge while waiting for our night train to Zurich. We recommend the cheese plate and antipasti plate, as well as the beer. It was a relaxing way to end our stay in Vienna.
If we ever return, we will go back to the Kaiserhof.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Karen15h
KaiserhofWien, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Wien, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Mrs.Karen,
thank you very much for your feedback - we hope you and your family had a comforable journey back home with the night train. We are happy to see, that you enjoyed the stay at the KAISERHOF and in Vienna - it would be a great pleasure for us to welcome back soon to our hotel!
Should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. We wish you a happy week, best regards from Vienna,
The KAISERHOF Team
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

My wife and I spent three nights in Kaiserhof Wien in mid-March 2012. To say that our stay was excellent is to say nothing. From the very first moment we got into atmosphere of Kaiser Austria and we were literally treated as if we were members of Kaiser family :) We had been recommended to choose that hotel by our friends and we never regretted our staying in Kaiserhof.
We got a nice room (112) on the first floor. Four bad things about the room were:
a) it faced the inner court with the fire escape staircase (actual no view at all, but who cares about the view, when you're in Vienna and come to the room just to take a nap?);
b) the escape staircase was right in the middle of constuction and all the works were carried out starting from 8 am right in front of our window. Yes, there was a note from the manager on our table with his excuses for the inconvenience, and no, there could be no other rooms available, and no, I dare not think that it was because we were Russians who would agree to live in any conditions... I guess all rooms from the first to the third floor suffered the same metallic noise from construction of the staircase, but I still beleive that the management could somehow compensate for that inconvenience;
next thing c) noise prevention of the room leaves much to be desired, we heard our neighbour snorring in the night :) But I must admit that was only the first night, and therefore I can think it was our neighbour who could manage to beat the hotel sound-proofing system, if not for the
d) next to our room the housemaid room was located where they kept all their things and it was also well-heard from the early morning when they began their movements with the trolleys. All the rest for the room was simply perfect, and all in all I can give 4 stars for the room. But I warn all other guests non to take that room, even though the staircase works are sure to be completed quite soon. Better ask for a room with the side-street view (Frankenberggasse).
The location of the hotel was perfect: a 5-10-minute walk from the Opera, Belvedere, Museum Quarter and some other tourist attractions, the U-bahn metro station is nearby, but at the same time the hotel is located in a quiet side-street behind the Technical University and surrounded by some other office buildings, so in the evening the area was empty and quiet.
The breakfast was the best thing! Really Kaiser-style breakfast with excellent coffee made upon your wish, and a two-page tea selection list for those who preferred tea.
The staff was very polite, ready to fulfill all your wishes and help you in any case.
I think that all positive things overweigh the deficiencies of the room, so my overall mark is 5 with 4 for the room.
It was our first trip to Vienna, and we fell in love with that city, so we would like to come back again, as Vienna should be tasted piece by piece just like Saher torte, with some kurzen Gedankenpausen, and it's impossible to see everything in one visit. And when we come next time, our hotel will surely be Kaiserhof!

Room Tip: Take a room with the side-street view, inner court is nothing special.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pavell
Dear Mr. Pavell,

Thank you very much for your comment and feed-back! It is very important for us to make sure to improve our service for your next stay and new clients.
We are very sorry for the disturbance through the construction of the fire-staircase, we have to built it up through to technical and safety reasons from government. For future stay we will of course offer you a room to Frankenberggasse and on a higher floor.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Vienna and hope that you had a comfortable journey back home.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in Vienna and at the KAISERHOF.
Should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Your KAISERHOF Team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

It was very pleasant stay. Room, breakfast, bar, and location are very impressive. I really appreciate for nice staff. Next year, I'll stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KaiserhofWien, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Wien, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your feedback !

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Vienna at the KAISERHOF and thank you very much for your comment - it helps us to improve our service

Should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally under +43-1-5051701-89.

Looking forward to welcome you again at the KAISERHOF we remain

with best regards,

The KAISERHOF-Team
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

This Best Western Kaiserrhof is in a convenient location near the city center of Vienna, just a short walk from museums, shopping, cafes and restaurants. When I walked in, I was surprised by how beautiful it was, but what really struck me was how lovely and accomodating the staff was. I arrived very ealry in the morning and my room wasn't ready, but they stowed my bags, shared the internet connection instructions with me and had a tea service delivered to the sitting area in the lobby. I asked them about a tour recommendation and they not only gave me a terrific recommendation, they booked it for me. Later that night, another staff member recommended a wonderful local restaurant around the corner with excpetional food. My room was lovely - elegant and comfortable with all of the amenities needed. And, I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, filled with fresh fruits, cheeses, meats, and pastries. I would most definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KaiserhofWien, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Wien, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Tonja,

we hope you had a comfortable journey back home ! Thank you for your feed back!

Michaela Mondl
Sales & Marketing Manager
U.K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We very much enjoyed our second vist to this hotel Everything was just as we had previously experienced .The room was comfortable and quiet, the staff were pleasant and helpful, the breakfast was excellent and we liked the civilised bar where you could get light snacks. The hotel is within minutes of the metro and within walking distance of the State Opera

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank AnnieB900
KaiserhofWien, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Wien, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Annie,

Thank you so much for your feed-back!

Should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

The KAISERHOF-Team