“some good ,some bad..”

Hotel Bristol Vienna
Ranked #20 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 17 January 2011

.Location of Bristol is unbeatable next to opera house and pedestrian shopping area ,spanish riding school ,cathedral etc..lobby is outdated and breakfast room is hideous ,and it is a shame as the building architecture is very nice !
Rooms are decent if you get a renovated one ,bathrooms would need some work!
I would recomend the hotel for the location ,sleep quality , professional staff ,but get a room on a high flloor!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 January 2011

The Bristol excels at it's location-directly across from the opera house. Even after it's recent upgrade there is a bit lacking. Lobby is rather dated and the welcome staff rather reserved. Don't expect to be escorted to your room. Conceirge staff is very good -managed to acquire tickets at last minute to Vienna boys choir mass and Spanish riding school.

Room was a junior suite on the top floor with small balcony. Small bathroom was divided in two- WC on one side of room, sinks and tub/shower in other. Nice closet and dressing room.

Hallways are rather drab and unattractive.

Doormen disappeared in evenings and had to fend for own taxi two nights in a row . Not a five star experience

Korso restaurant was excellent at breakfast

• Stayed: January 2011
riccardo_giacometti, Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your honest and detailed feedback.

However, I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced with our Doormen. You may rest assured that I have taken your comment very seriously.

I was pleased to learn that our concierge was able to help you with tickets for the boys choir mass and Spanish riding school. Especially last minute tickets are very hard to find.

I hope to have the honour to welcome you back to the Hotel Bristol and the beautiful city of Vienna in the not too distant future. Please accept once again my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

With best regards,

Riccardo Giacometti
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2010

I stayed at the Bristol 2 nights in mid November with my wife and my 5 months young son. Everything was excellent.
I'm a frequent 5 star hotel traveller and after a quiet long web research I selected the Bristol instead of the Sacher and The Grand Hotel Wien principally because the Bristol have wider standard rooms. I also didn't like Sacher's style, looking on website's images.
I finally chose the Bristol instead of The Imperial due to its rates (100€ less per night, I found a rate of 290€ per night breakfast included on gta.com, much less than the prices of the official website).
Despite we arrived to the hotel very early in the morning (9 am), the receptionist told us that our room would have been ready in 1 hour. Instead it was ready in about 30 minutes.
The room was big as expected (about 30 sq. mt.), with enough space to put the extra bed for my young baby. The only downside for me was not to have shower and separate bathtub.
It was placed in one of the newest floor of the hotel (5th, if I remember well); perfect sound-proof system, adjacent to room's entrance there were the free gym (not big but with state-of-the-art Technogym technologies) and the 24-hour business center (two pc's with free Internet access, the hotel is wi-fi, that costs about 7/8€ hourly); I had also a short walk to the lower floors, that have a completely different, more ancient style, starting from the corridors, elevator's and rooms' doors. I honestly don't know whether also on these floors the rooms are as new as the one I had.
All the staff were very, very helpful and friendly.
Breakfast selection was not huge but we had everything we needed: pastries, hams, fruit, meat, etc. and also Coca Cola (nice for me..) and champagne. The only downside was the small selection of cakes: in a city like Vienna I definitely expected a larger choice.
All in all, my stay at the Bristol was really faultless. I really recommend this hotel to whom wants to stay in a real 5 star hotel, perfectly central located.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We just returned from our 5-day Christmas trip to Vienna. The Bristol hotel is situated in an excellent location-right across the Opera. Our room was huge (in comparison wih other 5-star hotels in Paris or London) , with a view on the Opera, and it accomodated the extra bed for our 5-year old child, leaving enough room for him to play around. The room offered separate rooms for the luggage and a small guardarobe, apart from the main closet in the bedroom. The service was fantastic- from the communications with the reservation department through the restaurant service, the housekeeping department and the reception / concierge, everybody was extremely kind and helpful.
The hotel needs renovation. That is certain. But it didn't bother us. The American Bar is very cosy and offers a place to smoke, as well (what a relief, not to have to go out in the cold to smoke). The breakfast selection was ok - i would have preferred more variety on healthy and low-calorie dishes.
Overall we had an excellent stay and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice stay in Vienna.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Anapo
Reviewed 21 December 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Bristol more than a decade ago, and the memories of the elegance and old-world fairytale atmosphere eliminated the option of staying anywhere else on our trip to Vienna last month.
...We should have done more research....The hotel, still quite lovely as a slightly dowdy grande dame, cannot possibly be considered in the luxury category anymore.
The public rooms, especially the bar area, are decrepit, with cushions that should have been replaced years ago.
Cigars were permitted,( which I find questionable), and the smoke that filled the bar chased us away from an anticipated relaxed late evening.
The hotel was full when we checked in, and there were no upgrades available, though we are longtime Platinum Amex cardholders, and generally are given a better room.
The bathroom needed updating...though the towels and linens were quite nice. The guestroom was cramped, yet very clean...and the bottled waters and chocolates each evening were welcomed.
Breakfast buffet was adequate...nothing spectacular ..the dining room was so beautiful, but it was a disaster in the interior design department..when one has such grandeur, don't ruin it with hideous furniture...but the coffee was terrific, and service was excellent.
Concierges were helpful and friendly.
There was a business center, with free internet...but only two computers...which started quite a few little tiffs, with guests using the computers not being terribly considerate of those waiting long minutes!
With the new Kempinski coming to Vienna in the near future, this hotel needs to do much better to compete in the luxury department.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple