US$ 390
US$ 359
US$ 113
US$ 110
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 132/night.

US$ 153
US$ 103
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 134/night.

US$ 239
US$ 204
Hilton
  • Room Service
Renaissance Wien Hotel(Vienna)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 78
US$ 237
InterContinental
US$ 228
US$ 188
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 256/night.

US$ 290
US$ 250
Priceline
  • Pool
US$ 123
US$ 97
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 111/night.

US$ 210
US$ 121
Priceline
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 190/night.

1,650 results
All reviewsopera houseold worldluxury collectionopera suitestarwood pointswalk in closetluxury hotelconcierge staffsmall balconyperfect locationmarble bathroomturn down servicebeautiful hotelstate operadeluxe roombeautiful roomsitting area
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

Truly a 5 star hotel. Rooms out of this world. Old world charm but everything brand new. Bathroom spectacular.
Really happy we chose this hotel. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear Madame / Sir, thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments. Please visit us soon again! Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Hotel location is excellent, reception and concierge staff kind and helpful, rooms comfortable and well air conditioned for European standards. Grand in style. All would have made for a great stay except that there are works going on at the hotel and no notice of them on reservation site. First days to reach our room we had to walk through a construction site, ugly and very very unsafe. Then they set up a different route, so to get to the lobby we had to go one floor up and then two down. No room change was offered though the hotel did not look full at all, just a cool sorry for the inconvenience. Breakfast is okay, there is no natural light in the breakfast room, so not the brightest way to start your day. They cook eggs to order which is quite nice but the bread and bakery stuff is so so quality, you get a whole lot better in any Vienna konditorei.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Araboro
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Madame / Sir, thank you for your feedback posted on Trip Advisor. We regret that some necessary renovation work has impacted your stay. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you by this. I would however like to stress the fact that the respective area has been blocked off totally from the remaining part of the hotel. It is not visible or accessible for any of our guests and does not impact the guests stay. I regret that we were not able to move you to another room. The hotel is of course operating under strict adherence of all local safety regulations at all times. Thank you again for your feedback. Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Bristol in December of last year. The hotel is a classic grand hotel catering to its historic roots with beautiful wooden interiors, marble floors, chandlers, furniture befitting the era in the rooms. It is more of a traditional SPG luxury hotel and although this could suit most of its patrons, unfortunately it was not to my taste due to this grandiose factor. Its location is very good - next to the Opera house and steps away from the centre of Vienna (a Starbucks is also located around the corner for those who want a more reasonably priced breakfast).

The rooms are well proportioned. For the majority of my stay, I was located in an Executive room, aimed towards the business traveller, with a balcony overlooking the main road and the palace in the distance. The toilet was separate from the bathroom, and there was a large walk in closet fully equipped with safety deposit box, plenty of hangers, shoe polishing mitt, umbrella etc. The room was in a separate area with a further study area along with padded chair and mini bar. The LCD TV rotated to view from the bed or the chair.

The room service menu was expansive and presented good choice for a reasonable price. The kitchen was very accommodating when I requested smaller sized dishes (suffering from jet lag). My room was located next to the business center that offered two computers with complementary internet and printing.

One thing to note with the stay was the pillows - they are very lightly filled and did not provide much support - even using multiples. On calling housekeeping, I found that there were no other types available to switch out. An opportunity for improvement could be a pillow menu.

Unfortunately, during my stay I was affected twice by people smoking outside the lobby of my room which lead to the entire room smelling for the rest of the evening. On the second night of this occurring I called the front desk and they moved me to the only remaining room for the evening - a Deluxe room aimed more at the regular visitor with large proportioned room including a desk (rather than the area that felt more like a study and geared towards work) along with a palatial sized bathroom set in white marble with interlinked toilet. The walk in closet is located close to the door and there are another set of wardrobes within the room. The minibar is located within one of the cupboards which reduces the noise, however the chocolates do turn white quicker because of the trapped heat. The bedroom is set further away from the lobby than the executive room and has huge ceiling heights, however as it is closer to the street it is a little noiser as the bed is located within the same room as the large window.

I dined in the restaurant one evening, which is none smoking - something that is difficult to find in Vienna. However, there is a smoking room / library on the ground floor right next to the restaurant so you may have to walk through this to gain access to the restaurant from the inside of the hotel.

At Christmas time, this hotel is very well located for the Christmas markets that Vienna is famous for.

The staff are extremely courteous and really do try to ensure that you are well catered for. Although this hotel was not for me, it would really suit someone looking for that traditional theme and excellent service.

Room Tip: Executive suites are compact but less noisy with great balconies.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Madame / Sir, thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor following your stay in December 2011. I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us as it helps us to improve and maintain our high levels of service. I appreciate your positive comments about our hotel overall but understand that you had some issues with smoke in the hotel which lead to some dissatisfaction during your stay. All our rooms are in fact non-smoking. Also it is not allowed to smoke in our lobby or restaurant. It is correct though, that in the bar which is separated from the rest of the lobby, smoking is still permitted. This however is in line with local legislation. I can assure you that we are very much sensibilised in protecting our guests from any disturbances related to smoking on our bar area. This should in no way have affected you in your room as the bar is far away from any guest rooms. Therefore I assume that someone indeed has smoked close by your room which is in fact not legal. Myself as my management team would act immediately if we would see an individual smoking in the corridor or any other place of the hotel (except the bar). Thank you again for your patronage. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2012

I was looking forward to staying in Hotel Bristol in Vienna and even though altogether my stay was not too bad, it was not that great either because of some small but really annoying aspects.

The Bristol is a classical grand hotel and it prides itself in this position, rightfully so. The hotel is loaded with chandeliers, personnel is dressed as if we were in 1890 and every little corner is hosting some sort of highly kitschy baroque ornament which would be out of place in other hotels but here it feels and looks good.

The location of the hotel is great, it is 400 meters from Stepahnsplatz, situated at the far end of the main pedestrian street of Vienna, right next to the Opera House. 3 metro lines stop 100 meters from the hotel and there are several tram lines passing by + an underground parking lot is right next to the hotel (public and expensive), so transportation is really easy and straightforward.

The room I stayed in faced the back street and had a little view of the opera house as well, this was fine with me, the hustle-bustle of the ring road on the other side would have been too much. Furniture in the room is beautiful and very well kept. The bathroom is nice although my bathroom had no proper ventilation. The toilet is in the bathroom, this seems to be the norm in Austria, I prefer it having separately.

This all sounds good, so why 4 stars then?
1. Overpriced and excrutiatingly slow WIFI, 19 EUR a day for a 256kbps connection. We are not in 1999 anymore, WIFI should either be free or fast, but slow and expensive is actually a really bad combination.
2. Breakfast. Surprisingly small selection for a lot of money. I expected more. Also, waiters are traversing through the otherwise small area for food (the kitchen is behind it) which creates traffic jams.
3. Cleaners entering the room right after ringing the bell. Either don't ring the bell or don't enter the room. Not the first and not the last time, this is a bad habit in Austrian 5 stars.

The question of willingness to come back to the Bristol remains open at this stage...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Der Madame / Sir,

thank you for your feedback posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I understand that overall you had a nice stay at our property. With regards to the points mentioned that have negatively impacted your experience I would like to address each point in your order:
1. WIFI / Internet - we offer free internet also in our business centre at a fast connection. We are also investigating future solutions with regards to the WIFI service at our property. Connection speed is an important issue that we are currently investigating. This remains high on our radar.
2. Breakfast - we offer also cheaper a la care options. We regret that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. We are constantly evaluating our offering of the buffet and apply frequently changes to it.
3. It is not our standard that the room attendants enter the room to fast after ringing or knocking. Please rest assured that this will be addressed appropriately with the associates.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove to you that we can provide you with a better experience and that we are learning from our guest’s feedback. Thank you again for your patronage!
Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 4 July 2012

This was our first stay at Hotel Bristol. We loved it. It is in a great location on the Ringstrasse, directly across the street from the Opera House and only a block or two from the subway. It is classy and elegant, but not stuffy or formal, and we would happily stay there again.

Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the Ringstrasse, yet it was very quiet, cool and comfortable. We did not eat any meals at the hotel, since the breakfast offered in the dining room was somewhat more than we needed and because that part of old Vienna has soon many other dining options.

The business center on our floor had free internet access and was small but clean and well designed.

Ask for Paula at the front desk, a local who is friendly, knowledgeable and a lot of fun. Actually, all of the staff were great.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple