Hotel Bristol Vienna
  • Pool
US$ 143
US$ 139
  • Restaurant
Renaissance Wien Hotel(Vienna)(Great Value!)
US$ 87
  • Pool
US$ 188
US$ 168
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 192/night.

1,620 results
All reviewsopera houseold worldopera suiteluxury collectionstarwood pointswalk in closetluxury hotelconcierge staffsmall balconyperfect locationmarble bathroombeautiful hotelturn down servicestate operadeluxe roombeautiful roomsitting area
Reviewed 1 February 2012

For Christmas my wife and I stayed at the Hotel Bristol. Its an old Hotel once frequented by King Edward and U.S . President Teddy Roosevelt. It has perfect location. Next to the Opera House, on the edge of the historic section. Whereas the Grand Hotel Wien next door is white with high ceiling,mirrors, and windows, the Hotel Bristol is more homey. The walls are covered with cherry wood, victorian era wall paper, and portraits of individuals, some of whom are not particularly attractve. As you pass from the front desk, you enter a parlor with a huge Christmas Tree, couches and chairs. Next you enter the bar room. There is a short bar for 6 patrons. The walls are wooden. There is a couch and a few stuffed chairs with coffee table. The bar tender, a friendly Austrian with gray mustache poured us many drinks as we spoke with the other guests. A young couple from Moscow and an american ex pat musician soon to be wedded. We were offered free nuts and crackers. I thought, "This must be how King Edward and Theodore Rooseverlt did it in 1907."

The next morning I woke up and looked at the bill. My wife and I apparently consumed $336.00 of alcohol. I quickly discovered the reason. Each mixed drink ( Rum and Coke, Beafeater and Tonic ) was $21.00. I got dressed and exited the building only to discover that 40 feet rectly in front of the Hotel entrance is a Falafel stand that sold 2 ouince bottles of liquor for only $4.00 each. I immediately purchased 20.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for roomwith a view. The mezzanine rooms have no views.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick F
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

PRICING IS IN LINE WITH OTHER 5 STAR HOTEL BARS IN THE AREA
Dear Sir, thank you very much for your review posted on this web site. The feedback of our valued guests is extremely important to us. Thank you for the nice description of the atmosphere of our hotel. The Bristol is indeed a rare testimony of the Fin-de-siècle style of the Vienna in the early 1900's and was home to many of the city's most distinguished visitors. With regards to your comment on our Bar pricing, kindly note that (without knowing what exactly you consumed) our pricing is in line with the one of comparable hotel bars in our area. Thank you again for your comments! Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2012

The Hotel Bristol was fantastic. We stayed here in December and just loved our beautiful suite overlooking the opera house. Not only was our room wonderful- the staff was top rate. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The Concierge helped secure dinner reservations at a restaurant that was completely booked before we even arrived, which was so appreciated. The morning after arriving, I decided that I wanted to see the Lipizzan horses. Again, the Concierge came to the rescue and found us two seats in the imperial box for the following day. I couldn't have been happier with the service provided. We didn't dine at the hotel but did have wine in the bar on two occasions. The bar area was very nice and comfortable, with a combination of locals and tourists relaxing over a coffee or drink.

My only (slight) complaint was with something that occurred on our final day. We had arranged for a late check out and left the Do Not Disturb sign on our door. We even confirmed the late check out with the front desk before leaving for the day. Upon our return, the Do Not Disturb sign was NOT on the door and the maid was cleaning our room. We obviously hadn't checked out-- luggage and garments were still in the closet! The maid was cleaning the bedroom and separating the beds. She made no attempt to leave when we entered, and then we had a language problem (not her issue at all- I am the one who doesn't speak the local language after all). I showed her the Do Not Disturb sign, and she STILL didn't leave. My husband finally used some international sign language, like pointing to the door, to get her to leave. I don't consider myself high maintenance, but I was very annoyed about this. When we checked out, my husband mentioned our issue to the front desk. The man we spoke with apologized, said that he had personally called housekeeping that morning to inform them of our late check out and was actually embarrassed (his words, not mine) that this had happened. I think this again shows the high quality of service at the Hotel Bristol. In many hotels the front desk staff would dismiss customers' complaints, but this was not the case here. I was impressed.

Lastly, the location of the hotel is amazing. The only taxis we took all weekend were to/from the airport. We were able to walk to every tourist destination we wanted to see!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NoraNJtoLondon
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dera Madame, Sir,
Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated - it helps us to constantly review and monitor our service levels as well as if our offerings meet our guests’ needs. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our service. It is extremely important for us to provide the highest possible service to all our guests at all times. I am also grateful for your insight on the housekeeping incident with the Do not disturb sign. I will follow up with our executive housekeeper to ensure that something like this will not happen again. Thank you for mentioning this. Thank you also for commenting on our central location. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek / General Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2012

The Bristol is a reasonably priced luxury hotel. The gym is really nice--good equipment and a nice view. The rooms are spacious. The front desk is friendly and helpful. And the bar is cozy and full of Austrians as well as foreigners which gives it a nice home town bar feel. The hotel is incredible convenient to all the major locations: across from the opera house, the main shopping street Karntnerstrasse is around the corner, the Hapsburg in city residence a couple of blocks away as are museums. I have stayed at many of the luxury hotels (Grand, Imperial, Sacher) in Vienna. I would pick the Bristol above all but the Sacher (which I love, but is usually more expensive.)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank lenorenewyork
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Madame / Sir - thank you for your review posted on this site. It is a pleasure to read that you prefer our hotel over the other historic 5 star properties in our vicinity. Being located opposite the State Opera House the Bristol has arguably the best location in town. We try hard to provide a balanced experience for our guests at all times. We are looking forward to welomce you back in the not too distant future! Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Central placed, near Opera is the best for shopping, walking, excursion. We have suite it is very luxury with 2 rooms with Opera view. Service is very good, staff are friendly and helpfully. We stayed here the second time, and both times it was the best experience for us. You could choose type of breakfast continental, buffet.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Madame / Sir,

thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and it is great to see that you are a repeat guest! Please visit us soon again! If there is anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable please do not hesitate and let us know!

Kind regards,
Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Stayed here in late Nov. 2011 on a business trip. Was pleasantly suprised with how central this hotel is - right next to the Opera and very close to all the shopping and sites around Stephensdom. The service is very good and the hotel has an old-world ambiance to it. Sure its' an older hotel, but the standard room I had was very spacious - replete with a front vestibule, very large bathroom with marble fittings, and a hallway leading to a decent-sized main bedroom that had lots of closet space and a comfortable bed. The amenities like the TV, minibar, bathroom were all of high standards, and there's definitely and Old World charm about this hotel.

I would add that the front desk and doormen all seemed to be very nice and although reserved in a typical Austrian way, went out of their way to be helpful, wish you a good day, etc.

I would say it's one of the more classic 4-star hotels, and given the price I paid and location I think it would be hard to beat. I would definitely stay there again. A lot of my colleagues stayed at the Radisson Blu just down the street and said although similarly priced it was not as nice a place to stay and service was a bit lacking so would choose this hotel over that one for sure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Johnny_C_NYC

Dear Madame / Sir,

thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to read that you were very happy with your room and our services provided. Thank you also for commenting on our very central location opposite the Opera house in the very heart of the city. Allow me to add that the hotel originates from the turn of century with a very longstanding tradition - our first guests were welcomed in 1892! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Bristol! Kind regards,
Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager