“I hope I look as good at this age!”

Hotel Bristol Vienna
Ranked #19 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Stayed at the Bristol overnight. Great location and REALLY helpful staff. Upgraded to a corner room but given my short stay, did not really have time to appreciate it. Didn't realise that the hotel had internet and bought a roaming wi Fi which served my purpose. Rooms quite quirky and old-style grand but with good amenities. This is the sort of place in which you can imbibe the Vienna experience - but low-cost, it isn't. Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable.
I chose to eat out as I knew the restaurant would be charging a premium. Consequently, I cannot comment on the food.
The acid test: Ues, I will look to stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

We were there for a week, what to say, king is not available , expect to see twins, hotels interior is quite old and requires renovation.
Service level is good as expected.
Lobby has permanet cigars flavour, which i dont mind.
Breakfast is ok but a bit boring for whole week.
Few words re internet : seems to be hotel is using 28.8Kb technology from last century,
NEVER BUY INTERNET here, 29eur is total waste of money, better go and vuy local modem or simcard at the same price, just terrible!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Kings available also Internet available at lower price and free at business centre

Dear Sir / Madame, thank you for your comments posted on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate all of our guest’s feedback as it helps us to constantly evaluate and improve our levels of service. Regarding your specific comments I would like to emphasize that: we do have King Size beds available (not sure why we could not provide you with one - but we definitely can arrange this in advance. With regards to internet please note that we do offer packages at a significantly lower price point and also free service in our business centre. With regards to our breakfast buffet I would like to reiterate the fact that we do offer all egg dishes as well as some other hot items (i.e. porridge etc.) fresh - so you do not find them on the buffet - this is in order to provide a better quality and choice - perhaps that gave you the impression that we did not have as much choice as you were hoping to have but I can assure you that all this is being offered in our a la carte menu which is present on each table. Again I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. Kind regards,
Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 14 December 2011

This was my third visit to the Hotel Bristol in Vienna. I made my reservation 3 hours prior to arrival on the 5th of December and was upgraded upon arrival (Room 580). I can't say more than I already have about how beautiful, welcoming, warm, friendly and superb the hotel is. The staff are top notch and know how much attention to provide a client - thank you!!!!!

The location? Well if you haven't been to Vienna during the Christmas season you should make it a priority. It is beautiful and oh so romantic!!! Just walk out the door and to your right and you'll see it.

Thank you to the staff of the Hotel Bristol. Can't say the next time I'll be in Vienna, but I can assure you that I'll be staying at the Bristol again.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

We were terribly disapointed in the Bristol. It is a "Grand Dame" that although beautifully restored is not our idea of luxury. We had reserved a king bed but were given two twins that were so bad we were in pain by the second night, keep in mind I actually prefer a hard bed, but these were so hard we might as well have been sleeping on the floor. For a starwood hotel these certainly are not "heavenly beds". The room was very small and we had two dining style chairs to sit on to watch TV in the evening, very uncomfortable. The bathroom had a single sink and I have never seen a tub so narrow and difficult to get in and out of, showering was not easy or comfortable. The room did have a lovely marble hallway but that did nothing to add to our comfort. I guess if you are impressed with fabric covered walls, traditional decor and historic places this is the place to stay. Personally, we prefer some comfort to go along with that and would not stay here again.

Room Tip: pay the extra to look at the opera house, rooms overlooking the Ring road are noisy and unattractive...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2011

Luxury is individual - Rooms and bathrooms are of different sizes

Dear Sir / Madame, thank you very much for your comment posted on Trip Advisor. We do cherish all our guests’ feedback as it helps us to improve and increase our levels of service. I was concerned to read your comments about the room that you described. Allow me to add that we do have various kinds of rooms. Our premium rooms do have large bathrooms. Furthermore I would like to add that the rooms on the 6th floor do have amazing and unobstructed views and a terrace as it is a suite only floor. Thank you for your good comments about the decor overall but again kindly note that we do have many rooms with large bathrooms - if you communicate us your preference we are more than happy to assign a room with large bathroom. Kind regards, Gerald Krischek / General Manager

Reviewed 13 December 2011

A very warm and grand old hotel with gracious staff and cozy rooms. I would live here if I could. It is perhaps the most centrally located hotel in the city. Every staff member was efficent. Problem with my in-room safe: 5 minute response time. Request from housekeeping: less than 5 minutes response time. That's pretty amazing. Restaurant service spot-on with good food. This is affordable luxury at its best.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo