“excellent service”

Ranked #16 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
canada
“excellent service”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

we stayed there for 3 nights in april 2012 .the service was excellent, our luggage got lost on the flight into vienna, hotel staff went out of their way to help us get it back as smootly as possible.
food was excellent in the restaurant,
bar staff were very friendly and attentive.
room was average to small - however very nicely done and clean.
It was walking distance 5-10 min from opera house.
history of the hotel is interesting

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank music-soul
klauchr, General Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear „music-soul“ and partner,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel with other travellers. It was rewarding to learn that the attention of my team members made your stay more enjoyable and memorable. Your compliments will encourage them to continue their journey towards excellence.

Have a wonderful summer ahead and sunny greetings from Vienna to Canada,

Klaus Christandl, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Luxury Vienna, that is what I would call this hotel. We stayed in the Hotel Imperial, Maisonette Suite, for 4 night in early July. The room was an amazing 2 story suite with a balcony overlooking the city. My two young kids (2 and 4) loved the extra space and the upstairs gave us a little reprieve. The hotel was well located on the loop with easy access to the tram and only a 5 minute walk to the opera house. The concierge was extremely helpful when looking for things to do and places to go. The history of the hotel speaks for itself and we definitely felt like we were experiencing the best of Vienna.

The hotel has an excellent breakfast that we took advantage of every day. Lots of meats and typical Austrian pastries. Then on the last day as we were getting our food none other than Arnold walked in and joined the room for breakfast. Not wanting to look like a crazy American we left him and the 10+ teenagers he was with enjoy their breakfast, but it was still pretty fun to see him back in his home country. Not an everyday thing.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank II_Globe_Trotter_II
Dear „II_Globe_Trotter_II“ and family,

Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel. Your description of our central and convenient location will definitely assist others to get a positive impression of one of our many assets. An additional big THANK YOU for the thumbs up on our breakfast buffet at the Café Imperial.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hotel Imperial in the not too distant future and best wishes for a most memorable summer ahead and sunny greetings from Vienna to California,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We were most impressed by the treaments we received at the the Hotel Imperial. We felt we where at home. Everyone was very helpful.

Dear „TexasFunTeam“ and partner,

Many thanks for your perfect marks on your recent experience at Hotel Imperial. We will continue to strive for excellence.

If your travels bring you back to Vienna, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly for any special requests or assistance. Warm wishes for a most rewarding summer ahead and sunny greetings from Vienna to Austin, Texas.

san francisco
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is just as you would expect - over the top with Viennese design and a fair amount of attitude. Surprisingly, the "I am fancy" attitude comes more from the staff than the patrons who are spending the money to stay. The front desk people are nice...others not as great.

Note - nearly everyone who stays here/eats here is 55+ years old. Regardless of your wealth, you will not be treated the same if you are not "older" and dressed in a suit. I observed this many times throughout our stay.

DISAPPOINTMENTS:
As someone noted, the key is ridiculously heavy. We immediately disconnected it from the fob (which at any rate, never feels safe to be walking around town with a room key with the room number on it?)

The corners of the banquettes near the windows in the cafe are FILTHY dusty. For a famous cafe in the "top hotel in Vienna", this should never happen. Unfortunately, this is only place where breakfast is served, so there is no avoiding this.

The doormen (all) are the probably the worst I have ever come across in a hotel. They never acknowledged us - even after 4 days - never helped with an umbrella (rained every day) - never helped with the door - ever. They were usually chatting with each other or no where to be found (as was the case when we were departing and needed the keys to our car).

There was half eaten chocolate in our mini-bar, which I attached a note to on the first day so that we were not charge. Four days later, the same half eaten bar and note were still there.

Expect dinner suggestions to be nearby and touristy as was the case with both places we went on their recommendation. Neither were awful, but we found better places on our own.

POSITIVES:

ROOMS: The suites are well equipped with two large flat screen TVs, a VERY COMFORTABLE BED, large windows with automatic blinds and a good stereo. The bathrooms are quite small for this caliber hotel, however given the history, their size is as expected.

Fresh air from the large windows with a great view were distinct positives.

All in all, if you are only going to visit sights nearby, are 55+, or don't care about the attitudes of the service people, and want to experience Viennese history, this could be your place. Otherwise, you are bound to find better in this cosmopolitan city.

5 Thank baygirlSanFrancisco
Dear „baygirlSanFrancisco“ and partner,

Thank you very much for sharing your frank and critical feedback with us via the TripAdvisor site. It was disappointing for me to read that your experience was marred by a perceived indifference of several of our service colleagues. Please accept my sincere apologies for the adverse impression created by a few and rest assured that personal attention to our discerning guests’ needs is and will remain our key focus of attention. I have taken up your feedback with the team members concerned and will personally follow-up on the execution of our service promise.

Your positive highlight of our special Luxury Collection bedding is most appreciated and well noted.

Should your travels bring you back to our amazing city, do not hesitate to contact me directly for a chance to help facilitate and provide you with a truly memorable and enjoyable stay experience.

Sunny greetings to San Francisco and have a wonderful remainder to your summer,

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at the Imperial for 2 nights.

Arriving at the hotel at night it was a sight to see! After a horrible train experience we just wanted to get to our room to shower, eat and go to bed. I was probably ungraciously short with the kind gentleman at the check-in counter, but he was kind, showed us up to our room (The Elizabeth Suite).

The room was beautiful, large, spacious and comfy. If I were to compare it to other Starwood hotels, I would say it is like an Upscale Le Meridien in style. Perhaps not quite as comfy as a St.Regis however (that could just be the European take on it though).

We ordered room service as we were not going out that night, and this was probably the lowlight of our trip. Our meal was served on a beautiful table, with silverware domes over the food, it looked elegant. We were so hungry we dug into the food, after a few bites we noticed however that the hamburger was cold (and still raw in the centre). Phoning down provided little help (the room service line was constantly busy) so we phoned the front desk. They apologized and said someone would be up in 20 minutes. 30 minutes later I called again, they said someone had just been up, I begged to differ. They then sent someone up. We told him about the burgers, though I'm not sure he understood. He took it away. Later the charge for the item was on our bill at check-out. I told them I was willing to pay for the strudel, but not the burger that left my wife in the bathroom for the greater part of that evening. They didn't argue with me in the slightest and removed it from the bill. The only other negative about this hotel that I can think of is that it had a feeling of pretentiousness. Although my wife and I have travelled to many places and prefer to stay in higher end hotels we are still fairly casual, laid back young people. I felt a bit looked down upon because I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It's not something I can quantify, it is just the feeling I got being there. The staff were always welcoming and helpful so it didn't transfer to a different level of service or anything like that.

I would say this is probably a blip in the radar though as the hotel is beautiful. It has old world charm, and is in a great location. It is close to the Opera House, where many tours start, and within walking distance of a lot of beautiful monuments/buildings/churches/etc.

We were a little leary at first on our first morning of trying their breakfast after the room service, but I'm certainly glad we did as it was excellent. They had an excellent spread of pastries, fruits, yogurt, warm dishes, freshly squeezed Orange Juice, and an omlette station. They also had their Imperial Tortes cut up into segments for tasting. Be sure to give one of these a try!

The consierge was quite helpful each time we walked by he had a suggestion of somewhere to go or something to do. He remembered what we had done when suggesting the next thing, so it was nice we weren't told to do the same thing twice.

One thing that I will remember about my experience here was that after I met a staff person once, they knew my name. Each time I saw them again, they greated me as such. The staff must have impressive memories, I honestly can't remember the name of the young man who checked us in and helped us throughout our trip, and yet he always remembered my name (along with likely dozens of other guests).

Before departing we stocked up on Imperial Tortes and a Tea set for home. Be sure to indulge in a torte or two, they may be pricey, but they are certainly worth it!

So overall I enjoyed our stay at the Imperial, I would definately stay at this hotel again (I might just take a pass on the room service).

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room make sure it doesn't face the main street. Our room faced the back and...