“Delicious Indian food in Vienna's city center”

Nirvana - The Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1,186 of 4,768 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old University Quarter
Reviewed 25 August 2018

I had the most delicious non vegetarian thali at Nirvana restaurant yesterday. The roghan josh and green fish curry were perfectly made and were accompanied by hot and crispy naans and a delicious raita. While there are many Indian restaurants in Vienna and Salzburg, finding an authentic Indian restaurant is rare. Nirvana is truly a treat to the hungry and weary tourist, looking for something different from the several restaurants serving pastas and pizzas in Vienna!

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Nirvana Restaurant - Excellent Food, Ambience and outdoor sitting was the best. Very Clean, delicious food. We had our Lunch and dinner for the days. Plain Daal Fry was far too good to forget. Palak Panner and Mixed Vegetable were just fantastic. Kudos to the Chef and Mr.Tiwari who took care of us very well. I can bet, one will not get such a fresh and tasty food in India too. I would strongly recommend to people who like Indian and that too Vegetarian food. Vegan food is fast catching up in Europe. Enjoyed a lot. Keep the good work going Mr Tiwari.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Very good Indian food with great ambience ... outdoor sitting
Went here regularly for d four days we stayed in vienna

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

I'd love to tell you what I ate is called, but I can't remember. But what I won't forget is the taste. Delicious!! I don't know much about Indian food, but it was good, and the service fantastic! The bread delivered with my meal was very fresh and very warm. Staff was very professional and courteous. If you use reading glasses, bring them because the print on the menu is kinda small, and the dining room is a bit on the dark side. Having said that, the atmosphere is great. Yes, I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I go to this restaurant on almost every trip I make to Vienna. The food is freshly cooked by authentic Indian chef who can make drinks to your taste.