“Great food fantastic service”

Nirvana - The Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1,171 of 4,770 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old University Quarter
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We were tired of eating local food after our ten day trip in Europe and found this as a welcome relief. The host Mr. Tiwari was a joy. He welcomed us and chatted all through lunch that we came back for dinner too. Very good food. Walking to the city center near Stephansplatz.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We went to Nirvana for lunch. We were both vegetarian, I ordered a Veg Thali and my wife ordered Samosas and Palak Paneer. Both ordered Rotis. The food was uniformly outstanding and authentic. The Dal Makhani was the best I have ever had.... I recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting an Indian meal in Vienna!! Good service and not too pricey!!

1  Thank LalitB209
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Located in the old town, the restaurant serves Indian food. It has both indoor and outdoor seating and a variety of dishes. Food quality is average and you need to be careful and consult the menu while ordering since some side dishes like pickles which you could assume are free are chargeable here.

Staff is friendly, ambience is traditional Indian and service is good.

1  Thank TAIN2013
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I visited this lovely restaurant in May 2018

I happen to spot this place on my way to St. Stephen ‘s cathedral.
It is tucked away in a little shopping Centre.
There are signs on both the sides of the street .

We were greeted by. Mr. Mahesh .
He was very professional and knowledgeable person .
We requested him we are vegetarians and need to try THALI .
Without hesitation he suggested he will be happy to substitute few things. We are glad he did.
Food was of very high standard and very freshly made .
It was piping hot ..
Every item was made to the perfection .
He must have returned atleast 2 times and ask d if everything was good and to the satisfaction.
It was a superb service with a smile .
He definitely made our evening .

Thank you. Mr mahesh Tewari.

I will,definitely visit this place on my next visit and will not hesitate to recommend this lovely INDIAN restaurant.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

we visited 2 times this restaurant in our visit to vienna.. Most of punjabi food.. chef was earlier in some five star hotel in India.. and his ability comes in taste of food.. Funtastic taste.. Even Jain Food was awsome.. i will give 5 out of 5 to Nirvana... prices are same like every where else in Europe.. But still worth

1  Thank bafnaparesh