“great vegetarian food”

Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 17
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

only a couple minutes walk from the underground station - well worth the short trip from the city centre. friendly and helpful waiter. lovely calm atmosphere. good food, served piping hot. good service and good wine. local clientele.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Visited Vienna recently for my birthday weekend, and went to this great restaurant. Service with a smile from the excellent waiter. I had the Red Thai Curry and my partner had the Lentils with Goats Cheese. Both delicious. I would highly recommend to anyone in Vienna.

I would also note: don't be put off by this restaurant being in a slightly rougher area further out from the centre of town. The area isn't as glamorous as, e.g. the palatial glory of Michaelerplatz, but few places are.

S Kerrigan and J Doherty, Glasgow, Scotland.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Due to a recent allergy to meat and most fish, I had to be vegetarian during my recent Christmas stay with my mum and dad in Vienna.
I would gladly remain a vegetarian for the rest of my life, if the food was always that tasty. I had a pumpkin Gulasch, my mum a beetroot soup and my dad a salad with delicious dressing ...we were all delighted with our food. As dessert my husband shared a " Maroni Dessert" with me which I still dream about. The choice of alcohol free drinks was great and the ambiance cosy Gasthaus. I can't wait to go back during our next stay... Vegetarian 5 star place.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This restaurant is not in what I would describe as a touristy area and I would not think its location on a fairly drab looking street would invite walk-ins; more likely their popularity is as a consequence of word of mouth and, like us, visitors looking online for a good vegetarian restaurant ahead of a trip.

It was ideally located less than ten minutes walk from our hotel and when we visited it was a lovely evening. There is a step into the main restaurant and we could not go in as they could not find the wheelchair ramp! Most of the tables in the lovely outside seating area were reserved or in use, with the only two not reserved being inaccessible for my wife. Rather than turning us away our greeter took a more suitable table off reservation for us.

The menu choices weren't extensive but all of the dishes we tried were freshly prepared and very delicious. We opted for for a set three course menu, one vegetarian and the other vegan, and were able to swap items between the two. I had a couple of beers and my wife had a carafe of lemon water.

It was busy yet we didn't feel as if they were rushing us to finish so as to free up tables; in fact, the service was a little on the slow side but not so much that it became irritating, it was a lovely Summer evening and we we able relax and enjoy our meals at our pace.

I can't now recall the total cost of the meal but do remember that, while it was by no means cheap it was still less expensive than eating at most other restaurants in the city.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve read so many great reviews so may my expectations were too high... Nice place, stuff speak English, toys and baby chair.. but food is not good as we expected, a lot of spices, salt, vinegar (I couldn’t get it to baby unfortunately). Red cabbage soup so-so, but pumpkin goulash was ok