“Fun Irish Bar ”

Cuisines: Pub
Neighbourhood: Wieden
Neighbourhood: Wieden
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed the staff, decent beer selection and were open until 4 am which was great for me and my time zone difference. The bartenders Joe and Tony (shameless) were a big hoot, and the crowd wasn't obnoxious or loud, seemed like a lot of regulars. I'd drink here all the time if I lived in Vienna.

Reviewed 2 January 2016

Jonny's pub is average. Food is typical bar food and not really that good. The beer selection was average and limited. Seating is uncomfortable and it is VERY smokey...had to get away from. The bright spot was the staff. Very friendly bartender and wait staff.

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

In all the year's i've been going to Vienna i alway's pay JONNY'S PUB a visit as it has a wonderful beer selection and more importantly for my twin brother and i it has a real ale selection .
As much as i enjoy the local beer's such as GOSSER,PUNTIGAMER,STEIGL and the like it is just so nice having a real ale for a nice pleasant change.
Year's ago we stayed in a hotel very close to this pub and we have been going ever since,it's alway's very full and lively and a great atmosphere and time is alway's to be had in here.
On our latest visit here we were heading to THE FOUR BELL'S IRISH PUB ( very near to Jonny's) and we popped into here for a few pint's.
The pub was very busy but we were ok standing ,were we ordered FULLER'S BREWERY LONDON PRIDE,this was served in perfect condition and as good as i could get back in the real ale pub's back in my home town of Liverpool.
We chilled out and soaked up the great atmosphere in this super pub.
The decor in here is fabulous,nice beer ephamera plastered all over the pub,nice furnishing's ,just a real pub.
Our beer's were fabulous and we polished them off in no time so before we moved on we had one more beer and opted to go for the house special namely JONNY'S LAGER brewed by BRAUWERIE RASCHOFER,this was a super smooth lager beer ,tasty with a nice kick to it.
We savoured our beer's then it was off to the Irish pub.
You will find Jonny's pub easily if you jump tram 1 or 62 to stop PAULANERGASSE and walk onto SCHLIEFMUHLGASSE were you will find this pub in an area packed with pub's,bar's and restaurant's.
Opening hour's are;
Sunday & Monday,6pm till 2am. ( happy hour ,8pm till 9pm )
Tuesday to Saturday,6pm till 4am. ( happy hour,6pm till 9pm.)
A great pub and well worth checking out.

1  Thank Neil K
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Whenever I'am on holiday I alway's look for a good Irish or English pub as they are usually full of expats and tourists and usually stay open late.Johnny's pub is a first rate expat pub located very near to the Four Bells Irish pub.Johnny's pub opened in 1996 and is a first rate pub with a fantastic range of beers it hosts quiz nights and also live music always full when ever we are here (This is my third trip to Vienna in the last five years) this pub is one of my favourite pubs when ever i'am in Vienna.A well lived in pub with many interesting features in here a proper pub feel with excellent staff who know there trade.When here this pub was extremely full we ordered our beers a couple of pints of London Pride which was excellent we then ordered Johnny's Lager (Brewed by Brauerei Raschhofer) again this beer was excellent and at a price acceptable considering the beers we were having and the pub we were in.This is an excellent pub not far from the Four Bells Irish pub and if ever you are in this area of Vienna give this pub a look you won't be disappointed.Located on Schleitmuhlgasse not far from Karlsplatz.
Opening hours are.
Sunday-20.00-21.00
Nearest metro or tram.
Tram-Paulanergasse-01-62

Reviewed 30 July 2015

This was very much like a pub from the pre-smoking time in England. If you smoke you will love it because smoking is allowed. I don't so I hated it. The service was good though and it's an interesting little pub to sit in.