Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Scenic.

Got the boat to Vienna, booked in advance and was able to reserve front row seats. Well with it as... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
John K
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
via mobile
Easy Cruise to Bratislava

The cruise from Vienna to Bratilava was quite comfortable in the Twin City Liner ferry. Good boat... read more

Reviewed 7 August 2018
Sabin B

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Vienna
from US$ 12.90
More Info
All reviews day trip devin castle boat ride reserved seats return ticket booking office great trip pleasant journey captain's lounge danube river national park city cruise bratislava castle fast boat open deck mode of transport nice ride
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I went with my parents (in their 60's) for a day out to Bratislava. Cruising down the Danube through the Donauauen National Park to Slovakia's capital is something I've been wanting to do for years and we had perfect summer weather for it.

Boarding at Vienna's Schwedenplatz, just by the U Bahn and tram stops was easy, fuss free and suitable for less mobile / wheelchair passengers.
We had reserved the front row of 3 on the main deck, affording us spectacular views without getting wind blown as you'd be on the outside upper deck. Lavatories, a luggage rack and a kiosk selling hot and cold drinks and snacks was provided and the outside decks are accessible (upper deck only via stairs) from the rear of the vessel.
The journey is a tranquil one, through nature and past fishing lodges and hilltop castles. At just under 1.5 hours I found it relaxing, not boring as some reviews have commented.
We had book our Twin City tickets online together with a bus (little oldtimer vehicle) tour through Bratislava and to the castle. The bus tour started right by the mooring point and timed to accommodate passengers from our cruise. It had recorded commentary in several languages and was very informative. A 15 minute stop at the castle allowed for a brief stroll through the courtyard before concluding the 90 minute tour.

With another 3 hours before our return cruise we embarked on a walking tour, following loosely what would have been the old town bus tour (it was highlighted on the map handed out on the ship) and with the help of Google (I hadn't brought a guide book with me) we were our own tour guides.
Bratislava is a compact city with a beautiful old town and the cobbled streets are filled with shops, stalls and sights and sounds.

We found a local restaurant (Sladovňa) for an early dinner which I'll review separately.

Our return cruise departed on time, we enjoyed the sights along the way once more and arrived back in Vienna to a beautiful sunset.
A brilliant day out, two European capital cities in one day.

Taking the ship both ways may not be the cheapest way to go between Vienna and Bratislava, but for us it was "just the ticket".

4  Thank SabineBogeCro
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I recently travelled on the Twin City Liner from Vienna to Bratislava and I must say it beats all modes of travel between the two cities. It only takes 75 minutes and during that time you speed along at up 70km per hour across the water and down the Danube which is really exhilarating. There are also lovely views along the way and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Took the cruiser from Vienna to Bratislava. There seems to be an issue with the 9am boat being cancelled at the moment so was pleased to have gone for the 8:30am departure and booked the day before online. Perfectly pleasant trip, got the train back, well worth looking round Bratislava for the day.

1  Thank HappyHolidays074
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We used Twin City Liner as a fast and fun connection between Bratislava and Vienna (Swe-denplatz). You can book your tickets online and even pre-select your seats on the jetfoil. Several connections per day between Vienna and Bratislava and back. Price (single journey) : depending of your seat selection and hour of the day between 20-40€/pp. Duration 1h30, max speed 70km/h. 3 days later we returned to Bratislava by train for 10,50€/pp, duration 1h00, a cheaper, faster AND reliabel alternative but not so interesting.
BUT : one day before our departure (13/07) there were 2 departures canceled (for whatever reason), and the day of our departure (14/07) again several departures canceled (“technical reason” ???) so, don’t rely on the departure times if you want to connect to your plane in Bratislava or Vienna !

3  Thank ludovicvn
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We decided to travel to Bratislava one way and then fly home from Bratislava. Luckily for us we had used a travel councillor to help us with our holiday and it was her who rang us to tell us that due to technical issues the boat had been cancelled. Now I appreciate that this may of course have been the truth but I also have a feeling it was underbooked so was just cancelled, especially after reading the experience of the group who got abandoned in Bratislava. Anyone who has travelled on the Vienna metro will know how busy it gets and if we had lugged our bags across town on the underground for no reason I would have been fuming. We are still awaiting our money back and our councillor is chasing it up for us. I would have thought they should have contacted her instead but apparently not. When all is well Im sure its a great way to do the trip but I would never recommend them whereas the people at the train station couldn't have been more helpful.

3  Thank John L