“An excellent lunch stop!”
Review of Indus

Indus
Ranked #672 of 4,807 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Landstraße
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We stopped in without knowing anything about this place. I had a bowl of chicken soup and chai. The soup was phenomenal....simple but loaded with flavor. My husband had the business lunch, chili chicken. I had some of it too and we both agreed that it was terrific...tender and flavorable. The service was friendly and efficient. This is a little gem of a place.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Indus offers a huge variety of authentic Indian food (offering a good selection of vegetarian and vegan meals). The food tastes extremely good (the Naan is one of the best that you can get in Vienna) and the size of the meals is more than enough.
The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is very pleasant.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Indus

I walked in and as I was seated, the waiter told me that I could only pay by cash. Luckily the cash machine was just round the corner inside Spar Supermarket.

The waiter took the order but was somewhat a little put off by my questions. I asked if it was halal and he confirmed it was. When I ordered the food, I asked for 2 Naans and he was shocked as he was wondering how could someone have 2 Naans when the dish comes with rice.

“Oh it comes with rice, could I swap the rice with Naans instead” and the response was a clear No!

I ended up ordering one Naan instead, as the dish already came with rice.

The food was served 25 mins later which is very reasonable.

All in all the food was very good and authentic. I asked for it to be very spicy and it was perfect for my palette.

Just a small improvement in service would go a long way.

I would score this 8/10.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Surprised to find this gem in a very small town in the far north of Ireland. The food was some of the best we have ever had, including north and south of India, London, New York, San Francisco or Chicago. We were so delighted!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Vienna has no dearth of Indian restaurants and seeing the ratings on tripadvisor, me and my friends decided to have dinner at Indus last week. What a disappointing experience! We ordered garlic naans, malai kofta and bhindi masala. Naans were soft when hot but turned hard when cold. Malai kofta is the worst I have eaten. the koftas were hard and the gravy was insipid. The rice that came with the malai kofta was not cooked through and the bhindi masala was soggy & sticky. We wanted to try the desserts but after the mains, decided otherwise. This place is ideal for people who have no clue what good indian food tastes like. Service was good and I liked that the plates were served hot.

Date of visit: October 2017