“free tour”

Good Vienna Tours
Ranked #18 of 152 Tours in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our Free Tours in English starts daily at 10am & 2pm next to the fountain in front of Albertina Museum behind the State Opera. Underground/Subway lines U1, U2 & U4 Karlsplatz. The free tours lasts 2.5-3 hrs & are tip based where we show you the highlights of the town. We also do diverse tours covering Viennese, Austrian & European History. You still have doubt in your mind whether its worth? Please check our homepage goodviennatours.eu to get in depth knowledge of our tours. Bis auf wiedersehen!! See you soon!! The Good Tours Team from Vienna
Reviewed 6 April 2018

such a great, informative tour with a very friendly guide (katherine?). who knew that almost 3 hours could fly by so quickly? we were a very large group, but it didn't affect the tour one bit. the guide often checked to make sure that everyone could hear her. we learnt so much about vienna on the tour. also helped to orientate us within the city on our first day and prepare us for our week's stay.
what does irritate me about these tours are the numerous people who really treat them as being free or almost free. our guide worked so hard for almost 3 hours, yet some group members scuttled away paying nothing or a token 5 euro for a couple! this is not fair.
the guide didn't suggest how much should be paid, but people really should consider the level of service and professionalism given and reward accordingly.

1  Thank siocledpoeth
GoodViennaTeam, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Good Vienna Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear siocledpoeth,

thank you so much for this extended and detailed review! We see that you were enjoying on your free walking tour around Vienna with our guide Katerina.

The amount of money the people give is completely optional, we don´t want to set up prices, because everybody decides how much they think the tour is worth. However, it´s very nice from you to think that our guides deserve a lot, because they really do work hard. Thank you for appreciation! :)

Please, feel free to join us on our other tours in Vienna! Now you know where to find us!

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"fun facts"
"jewish quarter"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 21 reviews
"three hours"
"wolfgang"
in 96 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Good tour with Iva around the beautiful city of Vienna. Her narration mad eme feel like I'm actually living though the stories she was telling. Great way to get to know the city, thank you!

1  Thank Sumana N

Dear Sumana N,

thank you for rating our free walking tour around the historical center of Vienna with 5 stars! It´s nice to hear that you learned something new even though you must know Vienna by heart. This means that our guides do their job right and with passion. :)

Please, don´t hesitate to join us on our other tours!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Ida was a very good tour guide. Clear, informative and helpful. The tour gave us an overview of popular places in walkable distance before deciding which to visit in depth ourselves. Short drink and toilet break in between.

Dear CissyLo,

thank you for your great review! Its nice to see that you liked your free walking tour around the historical center of Vienna and that our guide Iva provided you with a lot of new and interesting information.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

On my first day in Vienna I joined the tour by just waking up to them. They were gracious enough to take me without a reservation, and I’m thankful for this because they had a big group.

The first day I took the tour with Wolfgang, by myself, and on the second day my friend had joined me already and we took the tour with Iva.

Wolfgang
He is Viennese himself and as such has very interesting insight into the inner workings of the Culture.
He gave us a historically accurate (im a history buff so I google a lot before and after tours as a rule) and very thorough tour. He walked us from the Albertina all around Ringstrasse, through the Hofburg and then finished in the Jewish quarter.
His explanations are easy to understand and his voice is loud and clear, so even if you’re turning around constantly taking pictures like I do, you can hear his commentary just fine. He was friendly, funny and knowledgeable which is all that you need form a tour guide. Remember these free tours are tip based and don’t be cheap, he is worth it!

Iva
I took the tour a second time the day after when my friend joined me. This time, we got Iva. She’s originally from Prague but in love with Vienna. Her tour style is a bit more millennial and I loved the contrast to Wolfgang because I got more information, different information, and my knowledge of Vienna and understanding of the city culture is so much better now. She carries an iPad and provides visual aids to point out the relevance of the sites we visited, including “homework” to do after the tour, including movies worth watching and other things that should be visited that are not included in the tour like the Hubdertwasserhouse or the Klimt art work in the Belvedere palace.

Both guides are amazing and deserve your undivided attention and the generosity of your wallets.

1  Thank Regina L

Dear Regina L,

thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! It´s obvious that our tours have left an amazing impression on you and that makes us really happy! Iva and Wolfgang are incredible guides with a lot of knowledge of Vienna, and it´s great that you got to see two different perspectives of this great city.

Please, feel free to join us on our other walking tours. Now you know where to find us! :)

Looking forward to seeing you again & kind regards,