“Best schnizel.”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old University Quarter
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Perfect schnizel and helpful service. We asked should we take starter with schnizel and waiter said that steak itself is quite big.
They recommended beer with steak but we would like to have white wine. Staff recommendation from wine list was excellent riesling.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I went here nine years ago, it was one of the most memorable meals I have ever had! The Weinerschnitzel was sizzling hot, delicious, as was the rest of the food. This time the Weinerschnitzel tasted like it was three days old, so did the rest of the food. Our waitress was terrible but the wine sommelier, Stefan, was helpful and nice. With so many other wonderful restaurants in the amazing city of Vienna, I would pass by this one. Seems to now just be a tourist trap.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Chances upon this restaurant while looking for another... oops. Lovely interiors, not too warm which was great, and old school... love it!

We ordered the goose liver pate, goulash, lamb chops and schnitzel. The pate and goulash were very tasty and I especially love the fact that the pate had different textures. Yummy. When our main courses arrived, hubby and I nearly fell off our chairs. They were HUGE!! Hubby had 9 lamb cutlets! (In Singapore, 3 is the average...) and my schnitzel almost covered the entire plate! Awesome! Looked amazing and tasted even better! I tried so hard but just couldn’t finish it! So full we couldn’t order dessert...

Definitely worth coming to and if you are big eaters...

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and offers really good quality Austrian dishes with very friendly service. We had amongst others schnitzel, garlic soup and a roast pork dish and all of these were very good. Would definitely recommend it if you are after a traditional Austrian dinner.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Food and service were great, very accommodating even for a solo traveller. I had the Austrian dumplings in lavender butter which were delicious. Also ask to see the room with all the signatures if you’re not seated there, everyone from Mozart to Johnny Cash - amazing

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant