See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We have visited this hotel during the Opera Fest. After reading many negative reviews, I want to say that this hotel definitely does not deserve such bad rating. People who work in the hotel were extremely polite and helpful, and they spoke english, italian and of course german. Hotel is clean, and our room was spacious enough, having an AC, so one could close windows, which indeed looked at the big road (not too crowded though, we could also sleep with windows opened). The location of the hotel is perfect for visiting Opera Fest. In front of it there is a bus stop and a huge supermarket, and it is not overcrowded as some hotels in city center. As some people stated, there are night clubs but it is not disturbing at all. The only partially negative point is its price (i.e. one would maybe expect more modern furniture in the rooms, but still it is just a 3 stars hotel). The whole region is quite expensive all over the year, especially during the festivals, hence the high prices. I would highly recommend this hotel for visiting the festival.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank IvanaHD
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Good location for trips to CH, A and FL - very friendly service and good breakfast selection. Taking into account the price, the location and the service, this hotel is very much recommendable for families as well as for business travelers ...

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Top service, we arrived late and got to choose from two different rooms, which we liked best. After following the owners advice on restaurant, they called and asked if they could assist with charging our electric car. So after a good night sleep and free charging, we were given complimentary water bottles for all 4 passengers in the car. As a token of our appreciation we took the owner for a spin in the Tesla.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2015

We stayed in this hotel for one night during the Bregenzer Festspiele in July 2015. Like every other place in Bregenz during this time period, it IS expensive (and completely booked out). For a three star hotel it is fine. The staff were all smiles and very friendly, and the hotel is directly at a bus stop with a very good and reliable service taking you to the train station (takes 5-10 minutes, depening on which bus you take).

The rooms were old and desperately needed renovation. The carpet was old and smelt of fish, but everything looked clean. The matress was incredibly soft and the road probably is loud if you are sensitive to noise (I slept with ear plugs). What was definitely a bonus was the breakfeast. This was above average and much better than what we were expecting. There was lots of choice, everything was fresh, there was something for everyone and coffee was constantly being repoured by waitresses. The WIFI was free and fast which was also a bonus. I would stay here again, but like with other places in Bregenz, you pay a lot and don't usually get something modern and renovated.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2015

July 2015. Having spent a night in this hotel, I must correct some of the impressions other reviewers have made, they may have been correct at one time, but are now obsolete. First, there is now air conditioning in every room, so if one is a light sleeper and has a room overlooking the street, the windows can be closed even on hot summer days. The staff is extremely helpful, friendly and professional. Free parking is available as is WiFi in rooms. I was advised that to travel free on city buses during the Festspiele, I just had to show the driver my opera tickets. When an opera performance was canceled halfway through due to intense rain, I would have had to fill ot a form, scan my tickets, e-mail the lot, then wait for my credit card to be credited. The lady at reception (owner?) offerred to refund of my tickets! I gave her my tickets and she gave me a full refund in cash on the spot! (Did the same for all guests who wanted it.) You don't get that kind of personal service even in a 5-star hotel. Usually reviews are more credible if some flaws can be pointed out, but I coudn't think of any, hence the high rating.

Room tip: I would recommend a room on the inner courtyad side, as the hotel is on th ebusy Rheinstrasse.
Date of stay: July 2015