2,128 results
All reviewshilton hoteltypical hiltontrain stationold townbit datedhigh floorsurrounding mountainsdeluxe roommountain viewolympic ski jumpcity centrereception staffbuffet breakfastfew minutes walkgolden roofyogurtaustria
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Recently had two separate one night stays at this hotel and we were very impressed with all aspects. For both stays we arrived in advance of the check-in and were able to store our luggage until the room was ready. In the first instance, we were upgraded to a room on the executive floor, with outstanding views of the city and the mountains. We thanked the front desk and were asked if we would like the same room for our second stay. Of course, we said yes!
The hotel is really well situated and the main shopping and tourist sites are all within a 10-15 min. walk. There is a Stiegl Brau restaurant across the road or a Vapiano Restaurant next door if you don't want to venture too far.
While the hotel is probably ready for a little TLC, it is still well kept, clean and bright. We were in Innsbruck during the hot weather and the a/c was extremely efficient.
Finally, Hilton Innsbruck knows how to treat its HH Diamond members well...upgraded room, nice breakfast buffet (very friendly breakfast staff, despite the morning rush of bus tour guests all arriving at the same time), drink vouchers for the bar and 3 items, of your choice, from the little shop and, of course, bottled water. We look forward to returning to this hotel next time we are in Innsbruck.

Room Tip: All views are good but higher up is better
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Philip M, General Manager at AC Hotel Innsbruck, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Katchapuri,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am really delighted that you enjoyed our hotel twice during your trip!

I am pleased all aspects - room, breakfast, honors recognition - were to your satisfaction. It is our aim to ensure all guests feel cared for, valued and respected and we have clearly achieved this for both your stays.

I am happy to read you will return and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed for two nights at the Hilton Innsbruck which is a 15 minute walk from the train station. This city was just a stop off on our way to Vienna, and wow are we glad we added it to our itinerary. The city is amazing and alive - old town is filled with pedestrian streets lined with shops, cafés & restaurants. We took the gondola up to the very top of Seebruge where you have a wonderful view of the city. The Hilton is located at the start of Old Town; nice and close to everything. The free breakfast is nice and has everything you need. The Wifi is fast and free, the rooms are standard size but have big windows with fantastic views on both sides of the hotel. The front of the hotel has the best Mountain views, but the back of the hotel looks on to the Olympic ski jump. The hotel is clean, and comfortable. No complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear 222fit,

Thank you for your feedback and great review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful city of Innsbruck.

I was also very pleased to see you enjoyed our hotel, breakfast, and found it to your liking.

Perhaps we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

The reception staff did not come across very professional and friendly when we checked in but the rest of the stay was overall OK. Diamond upgrade policy was poor in this hotel but the food in the restaurants was quite good, especially the breakfast. They don't have an executive lounge but allow diamond people to take 3 items from the hotel shop which was OK for a one night stay. So if you are on transit, it's fine but in the long run this place seems to need a refurbishment and receptionists some friendliness training.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear tfrogk,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay, in particular your food and beverage experience. I'm not sure why you found our upgrade policy as poor and we en devour, as is determined by Hilton, to upgrade all Diamond members to the next available room category.

I was surprised you did not find our reception team friendly and welcoming and will certainly speak with them regarding this. I do apologise for this experience as normally our team receives great feedback in this regard.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip through Austria.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

The Hilton is located 400 meters from the train station which is very practical since we were arriving by train. Nice check in and the breakfast was excellent! With extras to order, lots of fruit and homemade honey. A bit old fashioned but, all in all good. Also very good exercise room.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Firstly a warning to anyone staying in room with x19. We were in 819 and it very shortly became obvious this hotel has a design problem. There is an external fire stair case accessed by each floor immediately adjacent to each room x19. Doesn't sound too bad until you realise everyone ignores the no smoking and emergency only signs to stand on the balcony of the stairwell to smoke, chat and take photos of the scenery. Unfortunately due to the layout this includes inside your room and you in bed due to the placement of the mirrors & furniture.....I kid you not!

Having looked straight out from her bed out to a guy taking a photo, my wife highlighted the issue. I tried to fix this by closing the fire exit onto the stairs but it's not alarmed and everyone ignores the notices.

I explained the situation at the front desk to the supervisor. I must say her attitude and multiple attempts to fob us off were an extremely poor response. She clearly didn't want to understand the specific issue and complete lack of privacy with this flight of rooms. She was more concerned about having to relocate us rather than spend anytime investigating the problem.

During my discussion with her she actually lied at least twice as to why she couldn't fix the situation......very very poor. I did not blame her as an individual but the design of the hotel.

Having had to insist very strongly that we were relocated she did indeed give in but very begrugingly. I must say the 'bell hop' sent to help us move had far more compassion, realised for himself the issue when he came to help us relocate.

Overall the hotel is getting tired and clearly needs a refresh to update it from the late 1970's. No Exec lounge is a big disappointment in a city centre hotel, especially at this price.

Breakfast service was very busy however the manager went out of his way to look after us without prompting which is actually what you expect in a Hilton.

Having stayed in Hilton Vienna and then Hilton Innsbruck within the last week they are poles apart, Innsbruck needs lots of investment by Hilton management in the infrastructure and customer service, especially at the front desk!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Philip M, General Manager at AC Hotel Innsbruck, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Sdbsjb,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I am disappointed you did not completely enjoy your stay with us and for this I can only apologise. We have never had thus feedback before about the rooms beside the fire escape but I can fully understand the thematic. Despite our best efforts people do go our to smoke and to enjoy the magnificent view but I will discuss with the team how we can manage the situation better in the future. I am sorry you did not feel like the front desk agent gave your issue the correct attention and I will speak to the team about this also.

I am pleased to share with you that the hotel will be undergoing a full renovation next year to upgrade all areas of the hotel. We are also looking at where we can incorporate an executive lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Innsbruck in the future.