“Tastey with slight shortcomings in service ”
Review of Niemetz

Niemetz
Ranked #24 of 26 Dessert in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I ordered a hot chocolate with whipped cream that was very rich in flavor and just the right temperature. I also ordered a "Topfen Torte" that was exceptional. It was light and fluffy and had just the right texture. For a short stop an ideal café to go to. The only shortcomings were with the service. My waiter seemed disinterested in taking my order and even though I had just sat down and just opened my menu she asked what I wanted. I said I am still looking. She then walked away annoyed. If the taste were not as good as it is, I wouldn't bother coming back. All in all for classical Austrian Café it was very good.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 19 December 2016

This is a very oldfashioned cafe next to the Festspielhaus.
Service extremly unattentive,cakes are ok and when You are lucky.the Applestrudel is warm.Not a plade to recommend.Sorry!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 24 November 2016

Close to the Festspiel Haus and at the entrance of th Neutor it is a very typical Austrian Viennese Cafe. The interieur is as you can expect it pastry selection is big and of high quality. During summer you can sit outside on the patio maybe while waiting to get som tickets for the Festivals from the official ticket office next door.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 20 October 2016

we found this cafe after walking through the city and just decided to go inside for a coffee.
We were in for a surprise, even though there were not many choices left on what concerned to cakes we still had a nice meal as you can see in the pics.
The cafe itself is really beautiful.
The only downside was that they were doing some maintenance and there was some construction going around but it was still worth it.
Try it

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Maybe, many-many years ago, let's say at the end of 18th and early 19th century it was fashionable place for madams and their companions to have a cup of coffee and to gossip about the latest news. That was the picture in my mind while we were waiting for coffee and cakes. But, the first gulp of my coffee had destroyed the the mirage. Unpalatable food, dirty crockery and unfriendly people. So, in any case come in and take a look on the old-fashioned interior. It is really great! And that's all.

Date of visit: September 2016