Review Highlights
Typical Austrian hospitality in an impressive setting

Stieglkeller is huge and has a number of different rooms each with its own different atmosphere. We... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
germanwithoutsandals
germany
Now that is Wiener Schnitzel!

Stopped here for lunch on a day trip to Salzburg, en route to the fortress; very conveniently... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Theresa M

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Salzburg
from US$ 98.80
from US$ 52.30
from US$ 348.90
from US$ 41.90
More Info
All reviews roast pork stiegl beer old town castle garden
Reviewed 10 January 2018

My husband and I visited the Castle and it started to rain/sleet once we got to the bottom and needed to find somewhere quick to tuck into and happened upon this place! What luck! The service was very friendly. We are from Colorado and love our IPA beers but couldn't find IPA anywhere in our travels. We found Stiegel's IPA, Max Glaner's and absolutely loved it. We are back in the states and looking for it everywhere! We told the server we loved IPA's and he brought us samples of his favorite pale ale on the menu--very sweet! We shared the veal wiener schnitzel and it was the best schnitzel we had our entire trip. It was perfectly breaded and the veal was so tender we didn't even need a knife. It was served with boiled potatoes sprinkled with parsley and cranberry sauce. We expected the typical potato salad but these potatoes were a nice, light surprise. The cranberry sauce was perfectly tangy and fresh. The views from the restaurant was impeccable--I would love to come back over the summer. What a wonderful surprise!.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Beer and food are excellent. Prices are reasonable. Since we were there in November we didn't get to enjoy the terrace, but the view is spectacular.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Stopped for lunch, quickly seated and waited upon. Beer was outstanding, food terrific and staff most accommodating. Views from garden were perfect, highly recommended stop on a tour of the city!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I booked a table here out of proximity to the Fortress because we had an evening concert planned. Turns out this was probably the best choice we could've made! The building is so charming with great views. The food was traditional and very good. The service wasn't the best initially but looked like they were busy and understaffed. Once seated we had no issues and the waiter knew we had limited time because of the concert and made sure we left right on schedule while still enjoying the beer, dinner, and dessert. I'll confess I knew nothing of Stiegl beer before going here but we are now huge fans. Great history behind this place. We went home with a few barware souvenirs too!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We ate lunch here our first day of vacation and found it very pleasing. The food was very good and at reasonable prices. The servers provided fast, friendly service. The establishment was immaculate and I must say, I think they had the cleanest rest room I've ever seen. The views of Salzburg from here are fantastic. Situated along an old street in the pedestrian zone, it's a great stop.