“Breakfast Strudel”

Cafe Habakuk
Ranked #14 of 26 Dessert in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We decided to have dessert for breakfast. We had two apple strudels with ice cream and whipped cream and a lovely and delicious cup of coffee. The staff was so friendly, the food was very good. We paid our bill and as we were walking out the door the gentleman behind the counter gave us two chocolates. They were delicious. Maybe we should have had chocolate for breakfast!!

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Reviewer on Google was right, if you don't want to be in a bad mood, avoid this cafe.

I walked in with my mum and was ignored for all the while until he had no choice but to acknowledge our presence because there was no space for him to walk. I politely asked if he spoke English in German and he answered defensively "why not." staring at me without a smile. There were 4 tables occupied and one corner disabled table free, the whole back part and upstairs was empty and closed. I asked if we could sit at the corner table and he said that "no it's closed, can't you see it's full." all the while talking with no eye contact.

I was recommended this cafe by a friend who visited before if not I wouldn't have come here. I debated with myself to just buy the Mozartballs back since there were no seats but the whole experience left such a bad taste in my mouth i decided that nothing can be that delicious if it stemmed from such negativity and rudeness.

Thank goodness I left! I found Cafe Bazar and it was an absolute heaven of an experience, authentic traditional coffeehouse with locals reading the paper, excellent service and great coffee and cheese strudel!!

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Strolling along Linzer Strasse is incomplete without a Cafe Habakkuk gelato. Reasonably priced and delicious flavors. The only thing else you need is your pretty, lovely lady by your side. Be sure to get her some gelato, as well.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Café Habakuk's Apfelstrudel is excellent. Good coffee, nice cakes, very good snacks and friendly service.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Apfel Strudel was not as super as I expected but the in house made Mozartkugel was just perfect! Coffee was fine.
This is one of the genuine Mozartkugel makers in Salzburg.