All reviews mirabell gardens train station old town quiet street small lift stay there again no safe in the room recommend this hotel the congress minute walk stayed in this hotel for nights easy walking distance friendly hotel a wonderful place to stay nice breakfast single room breakfast room
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I stayed here for three nights. The room was small but sufficient. The bed was comfortable.The hotel is in an excellent location - a stone throw away from the Old Town and a 5 minute walk from the main train station. If I revisit Salzburg, I would likely rebook this hotel because of its good location. I also included buffet breakfast which had some nice options.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in very good location. It doesn't look like a four star hotel at all. We had superior room with a nice balcony. There are no toiletries; although they said they were limited due to green earth campaign, they were nothing available even at the reception.
No internet was available at the room. Their reaction was like they were shocked. They kept saying it was technical issue and they were going to fix it, but after 3 days nothing was happening with the internet.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank fereshte k
Reviewed 6 December 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting the christmas markets. We arrived early and were greeted by a very welcoming gentleman on reception who advised us our room was ready so we could get immediate access. He was very helpful with things to do, the location of the markets and directions. Having stayed in various city centre hotels around Europe we were nicely surprised by the size of the room (no. 32) which was clean and large with an adequately sized bathroom (again very clean). Decor we felt was authentic to Salzburg and the beds were comfy - the room was at the front of the hotel but we didn't notice any noise.
Breakfast was a buffet which was well stocked with a large assortment of tasty food and coffee/tea etc.There was a small selection of hot food.
The location of the hotel is great - about 10min walk to the train/bus station and about a 15min walk to the old town, with a vast array of bars and restaurants there.
Overall, we felt the hotel was excellent ; clean and comfy rooms, superb breakfast and all the staff we encountered were warm and friendly - would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicnak666
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The room was clean but tiny, traveling solo doesn't magically turn you into a guinea pig that needs only a little cage to thrive.

The staff in the hotel was nice, communicating on the telephone with them on the other hand was rather harsh, to say the least.

Breakfast was ok but a bit overpriced for the quality and service the room is dark and offers just the view into the semi attractive garden. Should I return I'd opt for breakfast in a cafe. 14 Euros can get you a lot, where You have a nice view and service.

Big plus is the location between train station and historic centre, you can basically walk everywhere.

Room Tip: If not included don't book the breakfast and go to a cafe instead.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

To me this isn't a 4 star hotel. The location is very good and it's clean enough but that's it! Staff not very friendly and my room was big but not at all nice and the decor and carpet are awful. Wouldn't say I had a bad experience but just nothing that makes you want to return and I was pleased to check out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple