New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg

Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg
Ranked #3 of 137 Hotels in Salzburg
Tecumseh, Canada
“Classic old world charm and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend stopover in Salzburg.
Simply put, I was overwhelmed at the exceptional customer service from start to finish. Was greeted at check-in with flair, charm and respect. Front desk manager went out of his way to ensure I had a package of helpful information to get the most out of my brief stay in Salzburg. Was provided with helpful and friendly assistance to room - they brought my suitcase to room for me after ensuring I was happy with room.
Was upgraded to suite in recognition of Starwood membership - beautiful room with loads of charm that did justice to magnificent 600 year history of building while having been tastefully upgraded with modern conveniences.
Wireless network was fast and best of all was free.
After checking out and again being treated with exceptional flair and professional courtesy I proceeded on my way to Heidelberg, Germany by car.
3 hours later I received an email from hotel manager informing me that I had left my camera behind and offering to send it to me at my next destination. I called and he agreed to mail it to my home in Canada as I was only in Europe for 1-2 more days. Just superior customer service that is rarely found anymore.
Location of hotel was premium - right on main pedestrian street in Old Town just down the street from Mozart's birth house. Doesn't get any better.
I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank canaussie95
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
hartford,ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I wish we had more than 1 night at this hotel. We drove into town with no map, called the hotel and they were kind enough to talk us there by way of landmarks.
The room was beautiful. The linens on the bed were so soft, they felt like Oprah quality 800+thread count. Allthough the room was filled with old world charm. The bathroom was very up to date and filled top to bottom with every amentity one would need and more. The staff was Johnny on the spot. Silly me, I left my toothbrush at the last hotel. I called down to the front desk, the clerk was up to my room in less than a minute. They made reservations at a restaurant in town and also had walking directions waiting for us at the Front Desk. These people are all about attention to detail. The restaurant is so sweet I wish we had time to stay for breakfast, but we were off to the airport

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank winegurl716
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

my room was large and beautiful. the hotel is great for a quick visit or extended stay. walk out front door and step right into heart of Salzburg. all staff were very friendly and willing to help in any way.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for just one night and we were given the suite. This hotel is absolutely fantastic. If you want to experience the atmosphere of an Austrian village, this is the place to be.
Staff was super friendly and very helpful. Our room was just adorable, all wood and marble.
This hotel is at the top of the main street of Salzburg just under the rock. The restaurant on site is considered up scale and reservation is a must. Just 50m down the street there is the sister restaurant with a more casual atmosphere.
We loved the Goldener Hirsch, definitely the best hotel in Salzburg! We will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel offer a vallee parking but you can easily park under the "rock" which is just a...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We went to salzburg in December 2011 for the christmas markets. We travel to various destinations within Germany and Austria annually for these. On this occasion we decided to stay in the goldener hirsch and what a great decision this turned out to be. The hotel is completely charming with traditional decor and excellent service. we were warmly greeted on check in and shown to a gorgeous room. The bar is very sweet and was full of festive touches, including a large candle surrounded by a Christmas wreath on the bar. Service was excellent but unobtrusive, the barman always appearing just when you needed something. We had dinner in the more casual of the two restaurants in the hotel and the food was delicious. We enjoyed our stay so much that in January, when we decided to take a train journey through the alps from Zurich to Innsbruck and on to Salzburg we stayed here again. We had another wonderful stay and are looking forward to a return visit

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple