“Great location and good service”
Review of Mercure Graz City

Mercure Graz City
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Graz
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Due to work this is now my “home” Monday to Thursday. I have been a here weekly for about 4 months. There are certainly more opulent (and expensive) hotels in Graz but this place fits the bill. It really well located with lots of great restaurants nearby and a very easy walk to taxi’s or public transport if you need it.

Rooms are spotless - I use the “privilege” room. Rate is fair with free minibar and the room standard is high. Breakfast is excellent - only down side is that if the weather is bad there is no in house evening food apart from bar snack - which are good but it would be nice to not have to go out and get dinner.

There are extra rooms being put on but I am told that will finish before Christmas - no problem with the noise as they don’t start before i go to work in the am. Weekends are free clear of the work so a undisturbed lie in is there if you want it.

Accor group of hotels and they have a good loyalty scheme which includes lots of good hotels in the UK and Euro cities. Altogether the place I prefer to stay and I’ve tried most of them in Graz

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I returned to this hotel for a 2-night stay to visit friends. The hotel is very conveniently located and is well maintained, even during the currently ongoing constructions (expansions). I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel with possibility of parking in the very center of the town. Rooms are nice. My only complaint is that the floor is covered by ceramic not by carpet. Service is very friendly and breakfast is standard for Mercure. I will come again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Not a bad place, with all you'd expect of Mercure. Comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast and bar, and clean and quiet. The location is not bad, not too far a walk from the old town, and easy to get to as well. There's not too much in the way of views, which is a pity as Graz is a beautiful town. Nonetheless, the place is not too bad.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Introduction: I'm used to sleep in hostel, and not to go around and spend night in this kind of fancy hotel, so you know what's the level of my tolerance and flexibility, normally. Point is that, they are making renovation works on the facade.The first day I was waken up by drills on my head at 07.30 a.m. I asked to change room in the morning, and they gave me another one, close by. I went up, made my bag, moved it from one room to another and left for the conference I had to attend. The second room was slightly quieter, but when I tried to have a rest in the afternoon again unbearable noises. I had asked to be moved the farthest away from the noise but they told me "If tomorrow morning you still have problems come down and we will solve it." Luckily I could be able to "test" the room before risking to be waken up again by drill the day after. The third room was ok to sleep into but only with earplugs. They should really tell people beforehand of this works, and/or make a discount and/or offer other services. Tell people beforehand so either I don't come, or I ask for a specific room, or I know that there are works, at the bare minimum.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business