All reviews privilege room old town nice hotel nespresso machine the river walking distance the air conditioning pleasant stay short stay centre of town reception staff shower head public transport comfortable room on foot convenient location railway station
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel with possibility of parking in the very center of the town. Rooms are nice. My only complaint is that the floor is covered by ceramic not by carpet. Service is very friendly and breakfast is standard for Mercure. I will come again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Not a bad place, with all you'd expect of Mercure. Comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast and bar, and clean and quiet. The location is not bad, not too far a walk from the old town, and easy to get to as well. There's not too much in the way of views, which is a pity as Graz is a beautiful town. Nonetheless, the place is not too bad.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Introduction: I'm used to sleep in hostel, and not to go around and spend night in this kind of fancy hotel, so you know what's the level of my tolerance and flexibility, normally. Point is that, they are making renovation works on the facade.The first day I was waken up by drills on my head at 07.30 a.m. I asked to change room in the morning, and they gave me another one, close by. I went up, made my bag, moved it from one room to another and left for the conference I had to attend. The second room was slightly quieter, but when I tried to have a rest in the afternoon again unbearable noises. I had asked to be moved the farthest away from the noise but they told me "If tomorrow morning you still have problems come down and we will solve it." Luckily I could be able to "test" the room before risking to be waken up again by drill the day after. The third room was ok to sleep into but only with earplugs. They should really tell people beforehand of this works, and/or make a discount and/or offer other services. Tell people beforehand so either I don't come, or I ask for a specific room, or I know that there are works, at the bare minimum.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Down town location but so hard to find due to renovations.Rooms very hot. Many hotels now do not give top sheets and expect you to sleep under warm duvets (doonas) in hot rooms. Air-conditioning should be able to be adjusted in each room and not set between 22c and 24c. Many thanks to Marlene for all her help and assistance. Two old Australians thank her very much.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Plus points- central location, modern decor room, breakfast is ok.
Downside- air con not working, room was very warm, noise and construction, not warned about construction when booking....
Expected better !!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Alexander_Mitgutsch, Stv. Direktor at Mercure Graz City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear fivesheds,

thank you very much for your time to write and for sharing your impressions of your last stay with us!
I am very sorry that you did not feel absolutely comfortable during your stay but gladly I can also tell you that there will be no construction anymore and I hope you will give us the chance to totally convince you of our service at your next stay in Graz.

Best regards,