“Hidden gem behind the Parkhotel - worth a visit”
Review of Restaurant Florian

Restaurant Florian
Ranked #54 of 765 Restaurants in Graz
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This restaurant in a garden behind the Parkhotel was delightful and comfortable, despite very high temperatures during the days in Graz. The staff appear very well-trained. Although most diners seem to be people staying at the hotel, there was also a large group (20+) that appear to have been with an association or conference and the staff handled them very well.

As a woman dining alone, some restaurants/staffs tend to ignore and neglect me in favor of larger parties. I felt well-served here. I enjoyed testing a couple excellent soups during my stay and the regional specialty tafelspitz (boiled beef which is truly much better than it sounds). The strawberry dessert was also most excellent.

The breakfast buffet inside the hotel was extensive with multiple breads, rolls, croissants - both savory and sweet, various meats and salmon, hot dishes, various Austrian combination-juices, and featuring local products from the Styrian region. Delicious.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 22 May 2017

What a great find, especially since it was late on a Sunday afternoon having just arrived driving from Vienna. The surrounding area was mostly centered to a young student crowd so when we spotted adults eating in the winter garden area of the restaurant we headed over immediately. A lovely surprise all around, both in the wonderful food and the warm, attentive service. We would definitely go again.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful service, we managed to get reservation on last moment and it was amazing food on pretty fine price. As a nice cherry on a top was small surprise for ladies in form of gift certificate for spa and flower, very sweet! Food was really something this old fashioned restaurant( don't expect any fancy design inside) really serves one of best food in town. As a nice bonus dogs are allowed

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 30 December 2016

....One of the best Restaurant in town, but also one of the most unknown and underrated...Inside th Park Hotel where the fassade hasn't changed since Franz Josef went ot military school is the Florian which makes a perfect of tradition and very creative modern dishes...just try their carpaccio with truffles and tell me if I lied :)...a big love to details makes it a real joy an pleasure to go there everytime I can

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Pierre F
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

This is our first visit to Graz and we fell in love with this so ever romantic and pretty city. We looked for an excellent restaurant to make our stay perfect. We completely relied on tripadvisor reviews and found Florian's restaurant . And we were delighted!!! I had the best carpaccio ever, with truffle cream and berry gelly. With wonderful fresh and crunchy dark nut bread . My husband had a beef consomee which was also great. For main dishes i had lamb and my husband had braised beef shoulder with acheese dumpling , both tender and full of taste, with wonderful sauce. For desert we had curd cheese strudel which we found very tasty although I thought it would have been better warmed in the oven and not in the microwave( my husband loved it just as is).
My sauvignon blanc was super ( Stirian).. the young waiters were so nice, polite and professional and spoiled us with little extra surprises. I was surprised that the restaurant was quite empty, what a waste. We paid around 100 Euro along with a nice tip for the waiters which we found reasonable as the food was delicious.

Date of visit: October 2016