“Always a popular choice”
Review of Vapiano

Vapiano
Ranked #207 of 495 Restaurants in Linz
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

While not your high-end downtown restaurant, Vapiano always offers a good meal at a reasonable price. This is important especially if you don't have much time to spare and want a quick but decent eat. We had tomato soup and pasta bolognese and both were excellent. Value is great because you can have lunch for two for less than 20 euros. Would visit agaij, definitely!

1  Thank leonard286

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I had some of the best penne arrabbiata here; delicious, fresh, not too spicy but could have been if I had wanted it to be. Plus, there are so many great little touches. They have potted basil plants and other fresh herbs at almost every table. The decor is great too! The order/payment method is a little different, but not in a bad way. It was just a lovely meal. 11/10 would take all of the basil again.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

So, we went here because our son who lives here was meeting friends. The concept is great for 20-25 year old as everyone pays for their own meals and drinks on separate cards. It was odd to me and they did not explain it well when we arrived, but our son filled us in. When you arrive, each person gets a plastic "credit Card" you take it to whichever food station you are ordering from, saute, pizza etc... and they swipe it with your order, same for drinks. Then they bring it to your table. When the meal is over, no one has to figure out how much they owe because it is all loaded onto your individual card, simple.

Also, if you are Gluten Free, they have fantastic pasta and pizza that is GF!

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

In case of doubt you can always count on Vapiano for food. If prepared properly it is always nice.
Sometimes you might get a new cook and maybe the food is a bit different but is almost always nice.

If you don't like doing a line then you better not go in rush hours.

By the way, much better than the Vapiano in Germany and it's actually a German franchise. That's curious.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Sunday, 1500, late lunch. A lot of places were closed, apart from the tourist rip off places in the main square.
We walked past Vapiano, saw the menu, and decided to give it a try.

Wow. Nice decor, and great smells coming from the open kitchens.

They have a very slick ordering and payment system, already fully described in other reviews.

My partner had a freshly cooked risotto, which he said was totally delicious.

I had an anti pasti plate that I watched them prepare, so fresh and utterly wonderful taste. It was very large, too, if I had known it was so big, I would not have ordered a calzone as well. This also was made fresh for me, tasted great, although it did take a while to get made. I was extremely full by the time I finished.

The value was excellent. The quality and freshness was first class.