“creative food, wonderful service”
Review of by Preslmayer

by Preslmayer
Ranked #44 of 495 Restaurants in Linz
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 34
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I try to go to by Preslmayer every time I'm in Linz. The food is inventive with high quality ingredients and they always recommend wine that complements the food perfectly. The amuse bouches reminded me how good the food would be. The salad was fresh and the dressing was tasty but not overpowering. The main dish (venison) was superb with just the right root vegetables and sauces to complement the meat. The candies they offered were a perfect ending.
The most remarkable aspect of the evening is that one of the wait staff remembered me from perhaps a year ago when several friends and I had a wonderful meal there. She was warm and friendly and we joked and laughed and I felt at home. It was a meal I will not soon forget.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

After a walk around Linz center, we decided to have dinner at Preslmeyer. A perfect choice.
The restaurant is well located next to the square and tram traffic, but far enough to be quite.
Tables are well dressed and as soon as you are in the restaurant you feel a warm and smart athmosphere.
The staff is friendly, dedicated and efficient. The staff love its job wants you to feel confortable and this creates a smart athmosphere.
Food is also perfect.
Bred is awesome.
We had Sekt (very good) with nice appetizers home made. A nice way to start a dinner.
I selected a Tschida red wine which is tasty and fitting perfectly with meat.
All meals were well served, tasty, well cooked.
Most probably the best address in Linz.
Next time I visit Austria I will stop in Linz to taste the new menu and have a good time.
Congratulation to the Chef and staff and thank you all for tjis nice dinner I will remember.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 16 May 2018

It is too expensive for what you actually get and I don't hesitate paying more if it is worth it. It wasn't bad, but I have eaten so much better in the past for such a price. Here I gladly recommend the restaurant Agathon in Linz.

Also no vegan/vegetarian main dishes. Considering the rising amount of meat avoiders, there should be at least one alternative in every good restaurant.

Staff was friendly though.

Conclusion: There are way better and pricier restaurants in Linz.!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We two couples went to try out this hidden restaurant which is on an alleyway and with surprised of authentic Austrian food in this little area! Good are superb and staff are sooooooo nice!! Maria just fulfill all our needs and took good care of us and even prepared a surprise to our birthday boy and girl! Will definitely revisit again!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

This place is becoming my preferred place to eat in all of Linz. Led by a young and motivated team, in a nice and quiet setting (they have about 6 tables in total), the best thing about Preslmayr’s is simply their amazing food. Linz has a number of good places downtown, but the creativity and attention to perfection given here is unparalleled. I simply haven’t been disappointed here, ever.

Date of visit: October 2017